Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral, Dr. Michele Ferrari and Jose “Pepe” Martí life bans

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2009
230
0
0
More Strides than Rides said:
Haha. I was just thinking about that: we have nothing left to protect! US road champ isn't even in the TDF, and 4 of those guys won't last through the Olympics. :rolleyes:


My observation here is that the USA is a nation of many people, each with vested interests to see either justice done, payback, honesty in sport, ensure sponsors weren't robbed, meeting KPIs etc

And US Baseball doesn't want to look so bad
US Athletics doesn't want to look so bad,
so their wins are to see Cycling take a hit too

Above it all, the wheels are in motion and this can't be stopped

THOSE people, who formerly protected LA and US Postal, and the sport, will now ensure that Contador, and EVERY other mutha******ing doper who ever worked with these doctors and managers and EVER recoprded above normal results, will go down too

I can't see how this will end without the entire sport of UCI being thrown under the bus too.

FOr mine, this will be between LA getting 2 or 7 TdFs stripped

There will be a lot of politics and infighting on that

If its 2, then some will want 7

If its 7- that basically implicated US Postal and Discovery and will be a massive slur and blow to USA and its sponsors. The vested interests in the USA will be making sure the Europeans go under the bus too.

I'd normally think this has already been agreed upon, but, sadly, I don't think those pursuing this can be bought off that easily (If they were they'd be in politics and Wall Street)

So I see LA taking/ being gifted a limited hang out if he accepts it and the pursuers are happy to lock in a win, or, if they want 7, all hell breaks loose of proportions large enough to end a Tour. Because really, who can't be implicated once the loose thread in cycling is pulled and peope start being taken down 1 by 1.

LA himself, and his PR machine, sponsors, and fanbois, not to mention the entire Livestrong industry, will have the most to gain by taking the entire sport down.

I can't see this ending in anything but total war.

(BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
 
Ozzie2 said:
My observation here is that the USA is a nation of many people, each with vested interests to see either justice done, payback, honesty in sport, ensure sponsors weren't robbed, meeting KPIs etc

And US Baseball doesn't want to look so bad
US Athletics doesn't want to look so bad,
so their wins are to see Cycling take a hit too

Above it all, the wheels are in motion and this can't be stopped

THOSE people, who formerly protected LA and US Postal, and the sport, will now ensure that Contador, and EVERY other mutha******ing doper who ever worked with these doctors and managers and EVER recoprded above normal results, will go down too

I can't see how this will end without the entire sport of UCI being thrown under the bus too.

FOr mine, this will be between LA getting 2 or 7 TdFs stripped

There will be a lot of politics and infighting on that

If its 2, then some will want 7

If its 7- that basically implicated US Postal and Discovery and will be a massive slur and blow to USA and its sponsors. The vested interests in the USA will be making sure the Europeans go under the bus too.

I'd normally think this has already been agreed upon, but, sadly, I don't think those pursuing this can be bought off that easily (If they were they'd be in politics and Wall Street)

So I see LA taking/ being gifted a limited hang out if he accepts it and the pursuers are happy to lock in a win, or, if they want 7, all hell breaks loose of proportions large enough to end a Tour. Because really, who can't be implicated once the loose thread in cycling is pulled and peope start being taken down 1 by 1.

LA himself, and his PR machine, sponsors, and fanbois, not to mention the entire Livestrong industry, will have the most to gain by taking the entire sport down.

I can't see this ending in anything but total war.

(BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The U.S. has nothing left to lose. Burn it down. :)

I am interested in how far Hamilton will go in his book. He could dish the dirt on Postal, CSC, Phonak, Tinkoff, and Rock as well as the UCI. If he names names then the sport is in for a world of hurt on top of the damage the Armstrong saga is doing.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Oh, guys, for what did you say to Fleur that Marti hadn't worked with Contador at Saxo? :eek: :D Gooner's post could be a great hoax.

Florecita, your rider worked with the criminal, what you feel on this occasion?

Race Radio said:
Marti is a dope dealer, plan and simple. He was never a coach. His nickname at USPS was "The Courier"
Sadly, these 2 concepts are totally mixed up in pro cycling.
 
BroDeal said:
The U.S. has nothing left to lose. Burn it down. :)

I am interested in how far Hamilton will go in his book. He could dish the dirt on Postal, CSC, Phonak, Tinkoff, and Rock as well as the UCI. If he names names then the sport is in for a world of hurt on top of the damage the Armstrong saga is doing.
Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Ferrari banned for lifetime? By the USADA?

Italian authorities have tried to rule him out in the past, without success. No team since Gewiss-Ballan mid 90ies AFAIK employed him as their team doctor. This would also not be neccessary. The riders know him, everyone who wants to work with him will still be able to approach him, and no one will know about.

This ban is just for the newspapers´ headlines. Ferrari is part of pro cycling, has been for twenty years, and will be at least the next 10 years.

His reputation is unique, even "better" than Conconi´s was, or Cecchini´s is. Riders who can pay him know that he WILL improve their performance, and that he has experience like no one else in his job.

He´s the epitome of the preparatore, knows to handle the immense pressure, and finds his ways to do his work.

He is amazing, his website 53x12 shows his professional, scientific approach.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Ferrari banned for lifetime? By the USADA?

Italian authorities have tried to rule him out in the past, without success. No team since Gewiss-Ballan mid 90ies AFAIK employed him as their team doctor. This would also not be neccessary. The riders know him, everyone who wants to work with him will still be able to approach him, and no one will know about.

This ban is just for the newspapers´ headlines. Ferrari is part of pro cycling, has been for twenty years, and will be at least the next 10 years.

His reputation is unique, even "better" than Conconi´s was, or Cecchini´s is. Riders who can pay him know that he WILL improve their performance, and that he has experience like no one else in his job.

He´s the epitome of the preparatore, knows to handle the immense pressure, and finds his ways to do his work.

He is amazing, his website 53x12 shows his professional, scientific approach.
perhaps CONI's attempt to ban ferrari failed because the UCI didn't enforce it?
USADA banning these doctors for life is what a 'strong message' looks like, even though it's just for the record. It might set the tone and help steer the european anti-doping fight into the right direction.
 
May 14, 2010
5,306
2
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Ferrari banned for lifetime? By the USADA?

Italian authorities have tried to rule him out in the past, without success. No team since Gewiss-Ballan mid 90ies AFAIK employed him as their team doctor. This would also not be neccessary. The riders know him, everyone who wants to work with him will still be able to approach him, and no one will know about.

This ban is just for the newspapers´ headlines. Ferrari is part of pro cycling, has been for twenty years, and will be at least the next 10 years.

His reputation is unique, even "better" than Conconi´s was, or Cecchini´s is. Riders who can pay him know that he WILL improve their performance, and that he has experience like no one else in his job.

He´s the epitome of the preparatore, knows to handle the immense pressure, and finds his ways to do his work.

He is amazing, his website 53x12 shows his professional, scientific approach.
Hell, with a write up like that, I might go see him. :D
 
Jul 23, 2009
119
0
0
sniper said:
perhaps CONI's attempt to ban ferrari failed because the UCI didn't enforce it?
USADA banning these doctors for life is what a 'strong message' looks like, even though it's just for the record. It might set the tone and help steer the european anti-doping fight into the right direction.
So it is the case that if the UCI ratifies the ban, which will then supported by WADA (or the other way round), these guys basically get added to the prohibited substances list? :)

Will any sportsperson using them get in the same strife as using HGH?

ratty
 
airstream said:
Oh, guys, for what did you say to Fleur that Marti hadn't worked with Contador at Saxo? :eek: :D Gooner's post could be a great hoax.
Maybe because it might be true?

Florecita, your rider worked with the criminal, what you feel on this occasion?
Nothing special, it doesn't make Alberto a criminal. It is none of my business with whom Alberto works. I trust him to make the right decisions.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Nothing special, it doesn't make Alberto a criminal. It is none of my business with whom Alberto works. I trust him to make the right decisions.
So u agree he should give back al his titles, tours he won whilst working with 'dr Pepe'? That would be the honouroble thing to do, or don't you think so?
 
Jun 28, 2009
568
0
0
UCI responds

“I’ve read what they’ve said but as they’re not licence holders so I don’t know how they can ban them or what they can be banned for,” he told Cyclingnews.

“I don’t want to comment. The UCI has already said that we’re not involved in this investigation and our last press release we said we would not comment. So don’t ask me. If you want to talk about it ask USADA, not me.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-comments-on-usada-lifetime-bans
 
Maybe the UCI will commission an independant report to undermine USADA. After all, it appears to be their mission to defend dopers and their facilitators. This is probably why the USADA has cut them out of the loop - knowing that they would do everything to compromise the process.

Too bad we can't get an honest leader for the UCI.
 
sniper said:
a couple of weeks back when the Federal investigation stopped, I recall McQuaid screaming something like "you see, this just shows that there was nothing there, that nothing happened".
if somebody could help me find the link. It was in a cyclingnews report somewhere.
He is nothing but a paid Armstrong lackey, maybe Ferrari is a family friend as well.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Nothing special, it doesn't make Alberto a criminal. It is none of my business with whom Alberto works. I trust him to make the right decisions.
Obsessing over one lone rider is par for the course, but extremely short-sighted given the UCI's official response from "Fat" Pat McQuaid to the USADA's lifetime bans-


http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-comments-on-usada-lifetime-bans

The UCI-protecting the wrong people since 1999.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
sniper said:
The article you linked has the most awkward of titles:
"McQuaid comments on USADA lifetime bans"

from the article:




:rolleyes:
The undercurrent of his comment sounded like the Alfred E Neuman approach to crisis "what, me worry?". Basically they weren't involved because the whole affair is about an unlicensed rider? His memory is really convenient.
 
Berzin said:
The comment wasn't aimed towards you, but for the people calling for Contador's head.
Those of us calling for Contador's head are consistent - you can check our positions in other threads, re. Armstrong & USADA, Sky and others. You're the only one calling for the head of a lone rider.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY