• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral, Dr. Michele Ferrari and Jose “Pepe” Martí life bans

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Who dares to bet team Believestrong will just let this happen like that? Who is that foreigner to take the lid of HIS worm can while he´s doing all to keep it shut? It´s not for Pepe to open the lid, especially not prematurely.
Seems Pepe hasn´t felt the love from El Padre Juan Solo lately.

Also, Contador may lose a couple minutes´ sleep over this.

Sorry, the wording of it gave that impression. Regardless, there isn't 70 cyclists, and the story itself is a bit of a non-event. It's basically Ferrari talking a bit about doping in general (he doesn't do it, doesn't recognise suspension etc) and about Alex Schwazer. There really won't be anything about the story that'll be a revelation. Not really a big story.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

Doping-parla-il-medico-Michele-Ferrari-In-uno-dei-miei-incontri-con-Alex-Schwazer-c-era-anche-Carolina-Kostner_h_partb.jpg

Grief Counselors are standing by, courtesy of the Clinic...

SKY Team please contact the facilitator via the white courtesy telephone for priority access and marginal gains towards preferential treatment.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Why would disabled athletes be held to different standards than everybody else? Why is it worse if they dope? That's a pretty condescending notion, in my opinion.

Then you find the division between olympics and paralympics condescending as well?

Like Chingon I find administering doping to disabled athletes a tidbit more perverse than administering doping to non-disabled athletes.

sniper said:
Then you find the division between olympics and paralympics condescending as well?

Like Chingon I find administering doping to disabled athletes a tidbit more perverse than administering doping to non-disabled athletes.
No more condescending than the division between men and women in sports. It's a completely different matter. This sounds like "oooh, look at those poor disabled people cheating as if they were actual athletes! I can't feel pity for them like I'm supposed to if they cheat" to me.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
No more condescending than the division between men and women in sports. It's a completely different matter. This sounds like "oooh, look at those poor disabled people cheating as if they were actual athletes! I can't feel pity for them like I'm supposed to if they cheat" to me.

I was talking more from the perspective of he who administers the dope.
If you administer dope to non-disabled athletes, that's low, but if on top of that you administer it to participants of the paralympics, that is pervers.

From the athlete's perspective, I agree disabled juicers aren't lesser cheats than non-disabled just for being disabled.
But think about the clean athletes.
Clean disabled athletes get beaten by cheats AND are disabled, whereas clean non-disabled athletes only get beaten by cheats.
;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Jeez, mostly cyclists!

I bet some of them want their money back.

Hesjedal won the Giro. San Millan
Wiggins won the TdF. Leinders
Contador/Froome gonna win Vuelta. Fuentes/Leinders
OPQS cleaned up the spring classics. Ibaguren

So who has been paying Ferarri big bucks for no wins?

Astana, Iglinksy won the LBL!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Jeez, mostly cyclists!

I bet some of them want their money back.

Hesjedal won the Giro. San Millan
Wiggins won the TdF. Leinders
Contador/Froome gonna win Vuelta. Fuentes/Leinders
OPQS cleaned up the spring classics. Ibaguren

So who has been paying Ferarri big bucks for no wins?

Astana, Iglinksy won the LBL!

hilarious!

TRENDING THREADS