• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral, Dr. Michele Ferrari and Jose “Pepe” Martí life bans

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I sure as hell hope this is not the definition of craptastic, it better get way better. A doping doctor talking to a doping cyclist is pretty run of the mill. Tell me it will get more craptastic than this please.

depends on who the 37 year old cyclist (in 2010) was...

mastersracer said:
depends on who the 37 year old cyclist (in 2010) was...

lol, i totally failed to put that together.

EDIT: The cyclist seems very ignorant to doping in the transcript, I guess I would expect LA to know a lot more after 15 years of EPO use. Then again the translation may be causing some of the issues.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
mastersracer said:
if they are referring to a rider's current age, guess it would be Kloden.

I would think age at the time. Only relevant cycling I can think of is Levi, not that there is any reason to think its him aside from the lack of other old cyclists

LA was retired for good in Sept. 2010. Seems to me that the great value of this is that it helps with USADA's SOL argument. It shows that Ferrari's doping activities in the early years are relevant and necessary for understanding what he was doing during years that are well within the SOL. Showing that Ferrari was active throughout the 12 or so years has to strengthen the case against LA as well. If you can establish an argument for extending the SOL for one of these six, the case against the others, particularly LA, benefits as well.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Merckx index said:
LA was retired for good in Sept. 2010. Seems to me that the great value of this is that it helps with USADA's SOL argument. It shows that Ferrari's doping activities in the early years are relevant and necessary for understanding what he was doing during years that are well within the SOL. Showing that Ferrari was active throughout the 12 or so years has to strengthen the case against LA as well. If you can establish an argument for extending the SOL for one of these six, the case against the others, particularly LA, benefits as well.

The Italians should be ashamed that they have let Ferarri operate for so long.

But it may have palyed into the hands of USADA and those who want Armstrong punished for his doping.

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
According to the bottom of http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/index-of-lance-armstrong-doping-allegations-over-the-years

Lance Armstrong retired from the sport in 2005 only to announce a comeback in 2008. He rode for Astana in 2009, finishing third in the Tour de France. The following season he again rode the Tour but failed to challenge for the yellow jersey. He made his last professional outing at the 2011 Tour Down Under.

Ummmm I don't know about you but I think we might have just seen the checkmate played.

Does anyone else find the thought of Ferrari's camper van being bugged to be hilarious? That is some funny stuff.

It looks like Ferrari has the same issues as Armstrong. Both could have gotten out when the getting was good but instead could not resist staying in the game.

BroDeal said:
Does anyone else find the thought of Ferrari's camper van being bugged to be hilarious? That is some funny stuff.

It looks like Ferrari has the same issues as Armstrong. Both could have gotten out when the getting was good but instead could not resist staying in the game.
The whole concept of the Dopemobile is hilarious to begin with, so a bugged Dopemobile...

TRENDING THREADS