• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Driving into cyclists the Emma way

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
along with the usual banter of genius comments...

Used to be a time where a school zone was 25kmh and that was only when the flags were out. Meanwhile the standard 60kmh limit applied. Never too many issues.
Then again, people's attitudes towards their fellow humans was a bit different to what we have today...

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Car driver sues cyclist she killed!

Sorry of the long quote.

`On a dark, drizzly night, three boys set out on their bikes for late-night hot dogs that ended in an accident with an SUV that left one boy dead and another severely injured. Brandon Majewski was struck from behind and killed by Sharlene Simon, and now she’s suing him.

According to the Toronto Sun, the Majewski family lawyer is stunned. “In all of my years as a lawyer,” he told them, “I have never seen anyone sue a child that [she] killed.” He didn’t want to tell them over the phone, so he called in Brandon’s parents and step-parents to tell them in person.

The Sun says that Simon—who was not suspected of any wrongdoing nor intoxication at the scene of the accident—is suing Brandon for “emotional trauma she says she has suffered.” She is also suing the two surviving victims and their families. In fact, the claim filed in court blames the accident on the boys, calling them “incompetent bicyclists.”'

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:

...among those comments...

"TheRaceRadio > Zbyněk Dráb • 14 days ago

Hahaha That is real dribble from a Lance fanboy. Betsy and I are having none of it. The problems in cycling are because of Lance. Follow me on Twitter if you want to know the truth about cycling in Sidney. "

Cheers

blutto said:
...among those comments...

"TheRaceRadio > Zbyněk Dráb • 14 days ago

Hahaha That is real dribble from a Lance fanboy. Betsy and I are having none of it. The problems in cycling are because of Lance. Follow me on Twitter if you want to know the truth about cycling in Sidney. "

Cheers

This is my favourite from the Zbyněk Dráb rant:

P.S. If bikes were invented now, they wouldn't be allowed on the roads. They're only accepted, because they came first.

I can just imagine him say the same about walking... :rolleyes:

May 21, 2010
Visit site
No charges for LASD deputy who fatally struck cyclist while typing on computer
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office declined to press charges against a sheriff’s deputy who was apparently distracted by his mobile digital computer when he fatally struck cyclist Milton Olin Jr. in Calabasas in December, officials announced Wednesday.

Olin, a prominent entertainment attorney, was riding his bicycle in the 22400 block of Mulholland Highway when he was struck by L.A. County Sheriff’s Deputy Andrew Wood’s patrol car in the bicycle lane on the afternoon of Dec. 8. The former A&M Records and Napster executive reportedly landed on the windshield and shattered the glass before rolling off the patrol car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Texting - with a blood-alcohol level of 0.22:eek::eek::eek:

Time for self-driving cars. As far as I can tell NO ONE in SoCal is even trying anymore. I have been involved in at least one close call every time I've driven my vehicle out of the drive the past year. People are nuts!

Bas Ruten offered in last week's Inside MMA TV show that he didn't think Jon Jones had a drug dependency problem for the same reason I don't: he's performing at too high of a level. And the whole rehab thing is a PR manoeuver. But they made no mention of the strange testosterone numbers, which to me is the real meat of that sandwich.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just a general note when reading these online stories involving cyclists and motorists...don't read the comments section. It is, without a doubt, the scariest and saddest part of any of these stories (besides the death of any innocent person).

42x16ss said:
Craig1985, a member of this forum was killed by a texting driver a few years ago... :(:mad:

That Bishop has some serious f issues the least of which is communicating with God it seems. Another sign of the I'm ok Jack mentality of many people and who cares about anyone else. Of course the sentence will be the predictable joke they usually are when cyclists are involved. Sooner or later a high profile person will lose their life cycling and then the penalties for such behaviour will become stronger. The way of the world.

TRENDING THREADS