• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dubai Tour 2017 discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Come on, a six month ban would be a bi much. That said, Grivko is an idiot for doing something like that in a race and deserves to be dqed + a nice fine. That said, if Grivko is able to do that to him Bouhanni would be able to stop ivan Drago with 1 lead hook. :D
Edit: I think the whole thing went down exactly like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
kingjr said:
People still think what Bos did was deliberate?
Deliberate or not, it was certainly too reckless and dangerous to be tolerated. I don't know what exactly went down with Drago, but I doubt an elbow was more dangerous than what Bos did.
I'm no expert, but in law there are different degrees of intent and they are punished accordingly. Otherwise I agree with you. I'm not asking for a 6-month ban btw, I haven't seen how it happened.

@GenericBoonenFan

What do you think? I watched the footage, same as you did. Apparently we arrived at different conclusions.

andrei-greipel-1436124554-800.jpeg

How can you possibely believe that he's an A-word :confused:
Ain't no procyclist smile that makes me happier than the one of Greipel.

How many times has Mark Cavendish elbowed people and don't get me started on Bouhanni. The peloton is insane at times esp in times of stress. I remember a few years ago Manuel Quinziato slapping some guy around the head in RVV or maybe it was Paris Roubaix becasue the other rider caused a crash

Kittel is a prim madonna

Re:

HelloDolly said:
How many times has Mark Cavendish elbowed people and don't get me started on Bouhanni. The peloton is insane at times esp in times of stress. I remember a few years ago Manuel Quinziato slapping some guy around the head in RVV or maybe it was Paris Roubaix becasue the other rider caused a crash

Kittel is a prim madonna

One of my fav's was Renshaw doing some massive headbutts while leading Cav out. I think it was the 2010 Tour...hilarious.

There is many reason not to like Kittel, but I'd be angry if I got elbowed for no particular reason as well (lets assume that). Kittel seems like a nice guy tho in the interviews and the recent GCN episode where he comes across as pretty down to earth. But you've also got to have some personality when you are a fast man. Many riders I dislike much more like him, thats for sure. Gerrans springs to mind per usual.

Re: Re:

carolina said:
Flamin said:
So first Kittel goes whining about a 6-month ban and then he starts acting all tough on twitter? That's hilarious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcelkittel/status/827142340603179008

Acting tough?

If I got my *** kicked by someone that weights less 15 kg then me, I wouldn't put that all over social media :rolleyes:

It was already all over it before the end of the race. He's basically implying that he could have whooped his ass (as if being heavier means per definition that you're stronger :eek:) but chose not to. Or how else would you interpret this??

TRENDING THREADS