• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dubai Tour 2018

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Strawberry_Jams said:
Glad to see Cav win. Also Dylan rightly getting a 20" penalty for that outrageous abuse of sitting behind a speeding car for about 2km

Yep - even Groenewegen himself said that penalty was totally justified.

TourOfSardinia said:
skippo12 said:
Cavendish said that he doesn`t care about his result as long as he isn`t winning. He stated that finishing 4th or 2nd makes no difference to him.
I wonder if his teammates and sponsor think the same when it comes to World Tour points and prize money.
He could have finished second today but gave up early and finished 4th.

On the other hand
;)

Confirmed...Cav is following the threads on this forum.

Blanco said:
skippo12 said:
Cavendish said that he doesn`t care about his result as long as he isn`t winning. He stated that finishing 4th or 2nd makes no difference to him.
I wonder if his teammates and sponsor think the same when it comes to World Tour points and prize money.
He could have finished second today but gave up early and finished 4th.

True sportsman and professional would always aim to place himself as high as possible. I don't buy that "win or nothing" crap!

I'm sure a certain Alberto Contador would have to disagree with you there! :lol: :lol:

Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
Hopefully Cav
Although Cav is more versatile, I honestly think that Kittel has a better chance in an uphill sprint.

But there should be better riders than both of them in such a finale. Bouhanni, Viviani, Cort, Colbrelli.

I think it's too steep for semi-heavy Kristoff. He would have been better if it was 400m at 4-6% or something like that.

Re:

Velolover2 said:
The micro-mur up next. I'd go for Bouhanni. What about you?
Bouhanni is the favorite, for sure. He only weights 66 kg. Remember Arcos de la Frontera? He survived in an elite group where only Matthews, Martin and Rodriguez got a tiny gap in the sprint.

But Viviani is motivated since he is in the leader's jersey.

Re: Re:

WheelofGear said:
Velolover2 said:
The micro-mur up next. I'd go for Bouhanni. What about you?
Bouhanni is the favorite, for sure. He only weights 66 kg. Remember Arcos de la Frontera? He survived in an elite group where only Matthews, Martin and Rodriguez got a tiny gap in the sprint.

But Viviani is motivated since he is in the leader's jersey.

You mean Arcos de la Frontera in the 2014 Vuelta? As in a climb of about 1.5km at 4% or thereabouts? Sure, Bouhanni did well that day but I don't think it means anything for today. Hatta Dam is less than a quarter of the length and about three times steeper.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bouhanni will do just fine, but Degenkolb has to be the favourite. Colbrelli, Viviani and Bouhanni the dangers.