• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dwars door Vlaanderen - coming soon (March 31)

Will Mathieu van der Poel win Dwars door Vlaanderen 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5a6848f4-c11a-4428-9036-87dbb500ea7d

Next race in line: a small Tour through Flanders.
I don't know who's going to start. Maybe Trek, maybe Bora, but probably not, very probably van der Poel and Alaphilippe, but you never know. Even Ineos seems to have found six riders for this event. Astana only five.
Last winners were van der Poel and Lampaert (twice).
This is the profile:

dwars-door-vlaanderen-2021-result-profile-4254f0a814.jpg

Map:
dwars-door-vlaanderen-2021-result-map-d9102df6df.png

Of course there's a women's race, too. Maybe someone can add some details in the following posts?

Reactions: Pantani_lives
Cort won't be riding this race nor De Ronde, so I guess that rules him out.
Oh well, then anyone from Nippo needs one good ride for the team...coz morale would be pretty bad right now, I would imagine.
In the ladies race I wish the best there is, was and will ever be to win as it is missing from her palmares. I also wants Van Dijk to win it for the third time like Amy Pieters did.

This race sees the last opportunity for puppy paws and sitting on the top tube. I kinda hope the entire peloton does it, just because they can.
That would be awesome. They should at least do a tongue-in-cheek protest of some sort—like the entire peloton suddenly going into the super tuck position while slowly riding along a flat section of road. :)