• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dwars door Vlaanderen March 20, 2013

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So...Stannard in contention for P-R? Seems like MSR wasn't just a good day...he definitely has good form.

Regarding Voeckler...I totally understand that he's not well liked among his fellow riders...I'm absolutely annoyed by his riding style and facial expressions, and that is without having a 190bpm heart rate while witnessing it, unlike his colleagues :D But if you assume that often these guys ride against him, his wins seem even more impressive.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Does anyone know what happend to Jack Bauer? Just saw some highlights and he was laying motionless on the floor :(

Luckily he was ok, was unconscious for a while, but was quickly released from hospital. And has full recollection around the crash.

greenedge said:
Great ride by Voeckler, i feel terrible he did not win.
Nice win by Gatto.
Hayman is back and means business, to be in the significant break, the only rider to get onto the 10 man split and sprint for 3rd is pretty impressive.

Well Thomas has archived so many beatiful and impressive solo wins to cheer about. He's knows very well: A true legend is becoming a hero because you could also remember the moments he lost tragically.

But he will be back. He's still the good old Thommy. Looking forward fo the TdF. He will entertain or annoy us again. Maybe we should also watch out for him at Fleche Brabaconne again.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Stannard did the right thing. Sky wouldn't have a chance to win without his pull. Now they got 3rd.

Beginning to look like Kerrison is slowly getting some results - 2 very high Stannard finishes, a podium for Heyman, a top ten for Eisel at Milan SanRemo and agood result for GThomas easrlier this year - no wins obviously, but seems significantly better classics performance...

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
JimPanzen said:
So...Stannard in contention for P-R? Seems like MSR wasn't just a good day...he definitely has good form.

Problem for Stannard is he really only has two gears - 'coasting with the peleton', and 'puttin' down the hurt'. Now, granted, that second gear is a hell of a gear, on his day he is a beast of a rider, but without some sort of burst of speed, i can see a lot of 'top twentys' for him, but not many wins...

That said, Roubaix could have been built for a beast, and stannard likes pain the way bears like peanut butter...

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Voeckler...

His nuts are so big that he has to carry them around in a musette.

Few have the guts and courage to go at it like he does while knowing everyone dislikes him to the point they will sabotage his loss out of spite.

As for Sky, every other teams winner should have a token Sky rider next to them on the podium. It would be a nice gesture to Sky for doing all of the work and bringing them through.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
martinvickers said:
Problem for Stannard is he really only has two gears - 'coasting with the peleton', and 'puttin' down the hurt'. Now, granted, that second gear is a hell of a gear, on his day he is a beast of a rider, but without some sort of burst of speed, i can see a lot of 'top twentys' for him, but not many wins...

That said, Roubaix could have been built for a beast, and stannard likes pain the way bears like peanut butter...

I think the Stannard Hayman tandem has potential.Repeated attacks from these two would be hard to cope with.They and Sky do have a tendency to do too much wirk though.