• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dwars Door Vlaanderen

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I'm watching at the office so I am on mute anyway!

A fairly sizeable group has managed to get clear, 20 or 25 riders with a lot of teams represented. Columbia have two guys, as do Milram, I see a Saxo and a Sky but no Quick-Step. If they co-operate this could be the move.

Any Skil in there?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Skil have a guy in the break, yes. It doesn't look like anyone in the peloton is taking on the chase yet, they are spread all across the road and the gap is up above 40 seconds.

Looks like this could be the race right here.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ivanov, van Hecke and unknown on the gorund.

A&S guy seems to be stuck in his frame.

/edit: why wasn't there a guy flagging on that bump????

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks like a Cervelo leading the chasing (and I use the word loosely) peloton, so I guess they missed the move. No great urgency about them. The time gaps have gone from my screen but I expect the gap is rising. Three guys have pushed off the head of the break now.

According to Sporza Geraint Thomas is the sky rider in the break! Nice to see him and Arvesen are back from injury and going well.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Saxo chasing hard on the front of the peloton now, despite having a man in the break. Gap is around one minute, the lead break is fracturing on the Kwaremont.