• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 BinckBank Classic - March 29, 2019

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Bardamu said:
Vroome.exe said:
Bardamu said:
Vroome.exe said:
I think it's much better when DQS wins everything not because they have the strongest rider, but because of the whole team and their tactics. At least they make the race hard and interesting. Of course when Sagan and GVA were winning everything nobody cried about their dominance.
But this wasn't interesting.
Then I don't know what you expect from a race like this, I mean not every race is PR 2016. DQS at least guarantee action from far out. Without them Kristoff would probably win half these races.
Not a fan of one team neutralising the entire race.
They had a similar team in the past but Cancellara destroyed them

Isn't it about time for someone to make a new Marc Hirschi tread? Exceptional talent and could very well be the 'next' Fabian Cancellara. For classics or GC's, who knows. Awesome performance today and I don't think many people expected a 20yo in the top 10 after a race like that.

Re:

Lequack said:
And the "contraversional" E3 logo for this year, that got banned by the UCI:

D0RNsqHWsAEAGug.jpg

I guess the question of who will be prince is answered.

D22IsLsWsAAoYbW.jpg:large

D22IFu0WsAAIYdD.png:large

SafeBet said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Another no-show from Trek and Dimension Data
Yeah I was checking the results and it was stunning.
Valgren was DD's best placed rider: 39th.
Degenkolb was Trek's best placed rider: 22nd with Stuyven and Theuns almost invisible for the entire race.
Sky was also a no show with no one inside the top50.

I don't think the problem is Deuceninck being too strong (well not entirely). Several teams are underperforming badly.
With all that said, I enjoyed the race. Groups all over the place chasing a 60 km attack, not that bad if you ask me.

Hats off to Marc Hirschi, we knew he was talented but that was a monster performance for a neo-pro.

He saved Sunwebs race.

They have 5 DNF, incl the captain, and the next one after him is Walscheid (over 10 minutes down, 89th across the line)

Re:

Cinemaniak said:
Isn't it about time for someone to make a new Marc Hirschi tread? Exceptional talent and could very well be the 'next' Fabian Cancellara. For classics or GC's, who knows. Awesome performance today and I don't think many people expected a 20yo in the top 10 after a race like that.
I think he's much more of a climber, no?
He looks too small and slim to be a real northern classics powerhouse - though I do not really know him yet.

But yes, very good race.

Broccolidwarf said:
SafeBet said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Degenkolb was Trek's best placed rider: 22nd with Stuyven and Theuns almost invisible for the entire race.

I don't think the problem is Deuceninck being too strong (well not entirely). Several teams are underperforming badly.
With all that said, I enjoyed the race. Groups all over the place chasing a 60 km attack, not that bad if you ask me.

Hats off to Marc Hirschi, we knew he was talented but that was a monster performance for a neo-pro.

He saved Sunwebs race.

They have 5 DNF, incl the captain, and the next one after him is Walscheid (over 10 minutes down, 89th across the line)
Sunweb seem to be having real issues with only Matthews and Dumoulin looking like they can win anything at WT level atm.

It's actually a good point that the last man to really destroy Quicksteps dominance was Fabian Cancellara. Even indirectly in 2016, Sagan needed the rivalry with Cancellara to up his game.

As I was watching the finale, I was thinking that Stybar might win this. In most cases I would have said that Bettiol and GVA are far better sprinters than Stybar, but apparently Quickstep can do nothing wrong (again) this year.

Broccolidwarf said:
SafeBet said:
Eyeballs Out said:

He saved Sunwebs race.

yeah, i was wondering which potential captain behind Hirschi was refering to when he argued with Politt about not taking turns anymore. Kragh was reported to have been dropped at least 50k ago ;).

Still, great performance by him of course, and every reason to skip a turn.

Jagartrott said:
Cinemaniak said:
I think he's much more of a climber, no?
He looks too small and slim to be a real northern classics powerhouse - though I do not really know him yet.

But yes, very good race.
Let's do a Marc Hirschi is the new Simon Spilak thread :p

As a neo-pro:
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/ronde-van-vlaanderen/2008/results

42x16ss said:
Broccolidwarf said:
SafeBet said:
Eyeballs Out said:

He saved Sunwebs race.

Sunweb seem to be having real issues with only Matthews and Dumoulin looking like they can win anything at WT level atm.

A lot of the squad got sick in Portugal, at the start of the season, so I think collectively they are behind the curve on form.

Same with Boassen Hagen and Valgren in DD btw.

They could suddenly come good towards the end of the spring classics season, when everyone else is running out of gas.

search said:
Broccolidwarf said:
SafeBet said:
Eyeballs Out said:

He saved Sunwebs race.

yeah, i was wondering which potential captain behind Hirschi was refering to when he argued with Politt about not taking turns anymore. Kragh was reported to have been dropped at least 50k ago ;).

Still, great performance by him of course, and every reason to skip a turn.

He was in the break of the day, ofcourse he didnt take pulls.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
It's actually a good point that the last man to really destroy Quicksteps dominance was Fabian Cancellara. Even indirectly in 2016, Sagan needed the rivalry with Cancellara to up his game.

As I was watching the finale, I was thinking that Stybar might win this. In most cases I would have said that Bettiol and GVA are far better sprinters than Stybar, but apparently Quickstep can do nothing wrong (again) this year.
How about Greg van Avermaet in 2017?

TRENDING THREADS