• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Harelbeke 2013, 209.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Arvesen said something like most riders on Sky would get their chance at some point during the race, which probably means that some are given the freedom to join the break (Hayman, Rasch, Stannard), some have the option of attacking during the final (Thomas, EBH) and some wait for an eventual sprint (Eisel). Maybe EBH and Eisel the other way around, but Eisel sprinted well here last year.

insideout leadout said:
I think Eisel tricked Eddie last year so he could do the sprint himself.
Lol, it did indeed look like that was the case. Instead of leading out each other, EBH started his sprint from the very back of the peloton and rode all the way up to 16th (you can see from the overhead that he sprinted reasonably fast). It almost seemed as if he were waiting for Eisel to come back for him and lead him out, and only realized that he wouldn't do so far too late :p

More likely, however, is that they had been told to sprint for themselves and EBH just screwed up his positioning as usual.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
RSLT ‏@RSLT 1h Bad news from the team in Belgium: Tony Gallopin woke up sick and won't take the start in #E3Harelbeke.

Bad news for fabian,Galoppin is very good dom for cobbles.I wonder if Cancellara attacks at some point...:p

maltiv said:
More likely, however, is that they had been told to sprint for themselves and EBH just screwed up his positioning as usual.

That would be an idiotic tactic imo, having two sprinters in your team going for it themselves. Much better to throw your bets on one guy and see what happens.

I'm not at all convinced EBH is a better sprinter than Eisel though, especially at the end of a tough race like E3.

spalco said:
That would be an idiotic tactic imo, having two sprinters in your team going for it themselves. Much better to throw your bets on one guy and see what happens.

I'm not at all convinced EBH is a better sprinter than Eisel though, especially at the end of a tough race like E3.
The difference is that EBH occasionally pulls off an incredible sprint when he suddenly can outsprint guys like Greipel, Sagan, Goss etc with ease, like in T-A and Dauphine last year. Eisel would never be able to win a sprint versus guys like that...Has Eisel even won a bunch sprint in the last 4 years?

If you simply want a good placing, then going with Eisel might be logical, but if you want to have a chance of actually winning...

It doesn't matter this year though, EBH probably has no form.

maltiv said:
The difference is that EBH occasionally pulls off an incredible sprint when he suddenly can outsprint guys like Greipel, Sagan, Goss etc with ease, like in T-A and Dauphine last year. Eisel would never be able to win a sprint versus guys like that...Has Eisel even won a bunch sprint in the last 4 years?

If you simply want a good placing, then going with Eisel might be logical, but if you want to have a chance of actually winning...

He won bunch sprint in Qatar this year against Cavendish and Viviani but only for 4-th place http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23971

maltiv said:

Didn't EBH take 2nd in last stage of the tour 2011?

He is a really good spinter when he got his positioning right

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The anticipated Devolder attack will come from the third or fourth group, a camera will surely follow his way up to the front...Fabu can feel safe someone is tryin to help him.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I can not see this race, due to work. Does anyone know how late is up cyclingtorrents usually, as I'd like to know until when I shouldn't check TV and/or internet?!

_O_

228936_349324718511697_2046908422_n.jpg