• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Harelbeke March 26, 2021

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the E3 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess the main culprit is the very late agreement from Flanders Classics over broadcasting rights.

not that it makes any change for us as a spectator, but E3 is not part of the same package as Gent, and it's also not Flanders Classics who deals with TV stations. They sold the rights to broadcasting companies (Eurovision in E3's case, Infront for most others) and Eurosport needs to buy sub-licenses from those.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
There can be little doubt that the best thing to emerge in 2021 so far was my negative start list for the Omloop, and this race is another one which deserves such a list. So here it comes:

Benoît Cosnefroy
Tony Gallopin
Bob Jungels
Alex Aranburu
Fabio Felline
Alexey Lutsenko
Jakob Fuglsang
Matej Mohoric
Peter Sagan
Maximilian Schachmann
Lukas Pöstlberger
Christophe Laporte
Julian Alaphilippe
Magnus Cort
Michael Valgren
Arnaud Démare
Valentin Madouas
Filippo Ganna
Michal Kwiatkowski
Gianni Moscon
Luke Rowe
Geraint Thomas
Tom Van Asbroeck
Tim Wellens
Amund Grøndahl Jansen
Casper Pedersen
Mike Teunissen
Giacomo Nizzolo
Lukasz Wisniowski
Marc Hirschi
Tim Merlier
Jasper Philipsen

So, there are six active former winners of the race but only three (Stybar, GVA, Terpstra) will take part as Sagan and G are otherwise engaged in Catalunya, while Kwiatkowski is injured.

Not from my point of view. Honestly, it has just become one of the few threads that often appears with new posts but which I never open, a bit like the design thread. Sure, it was fun at first but it seems a bit pointless by now.

You don't need to open it, we can take it for what it is: Your gift to us. Obviously we all needed an alternative reality thread.

Maybe I should make a negative negative start list since Matthews hasn't been mentioned a single time in this thread! After last year's schedule debacle he ended up doing only three one-day races the whole year (Worlds - 7th, MSR - 3rd, Bretagne - 1st) and last time he rode a race in Flanders was when he was 6th in De Ronde. Write him off at your own peril.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS