• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Prijs Vlanderen-Harelbelke

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Fleche Wallone (Waalse Pijl)

Boonen, Cancellara, Flecha and Pozzato the main men for Flanders. If Pozzato was better positioned at the foot of the Patersberg he would be in the first group for sure.
Cancellara really strong, hopefully not a week too early?

Boom and Langeveld..best of the rest, i'm pretty sure no Dutchman will win Flanders or Roubaix for at least another year, the four I named are still in a league of their own.

Maybe a surprise act of Maaskant? He said in dutch media he is in great form, but his team was not invited for today's race, last year he was fourth in Flanders

ak-zaaf said:
Yeah, with a little video editing they totally dominated :rolleyes:

Nuyens touching the ground 3 times was a bit much, but I doubt he could have followed the great 3 of today. Tjallinigii's move was a good one, but in the end useless. Langeveld seems to be a little stuck in his growth. He's still young, but he showed more promise 2 years ago, I hope he proves this wrong next week.
In the end these races are won by just a few guys, maybe 5 right now. Rabo doesn't have anyone capable of that at this moment. Boom or Langeveld could surprise, but I highly doubt Nuyens will win anything important.
As web editor for Langevelds site, I can say he is a few % of his maximum due to the knee problems in the early season. He is good, but not at his best at the moment. I don't think he can follow the best regardless, he is younger and simply not as explosive yet

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
maikel said:
Maybe a surprise act of Maaskant? He said in dutch media he is in great form, but his team was not invited for today's race, last year he was fourth in Flanders

I was about to mention him too, I thought he looked great at T-A.
But boy do boonen and Spartacus look fantastic.
Devolder looks pretty poor.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
As web editor for Langevelds site, I can say he is a few % of his maximum due to the knee problems in the early season. He is good, but not at his best at the moment. I don't think he can follow the best regardless, he is younger and simply not as explosive yet

Ever since his chasse patate in Flanders and his performance in Roubaix until the crash I believed he would bridge the gap in no-time. Maaskant had the results but I thought Langeveld showed way more promise. Now it seems he's not even picked above Boom. I hope you're right about his form. I still think he has the talent to pick up a classic. And he's from de Bollenstreek, always a plus.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I was about to mention him too, I thought he looked great at T-A.
But boy do boonen and Spartacus look fantastic.
Devolder looks pretty poor.

don't forget to mention Breschel, he looked fantastic in dwars door vlaanderen, although Boonen ans Canc have more "body"

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
whoops sorry. La Flèche Wallonne

edit: nvm ;) :p

^^ A gentleman and a schlolar.
Ok i think it might be time for you to shut up and stop ruining this thread. Cant we stick to cycling and not taking the ****.....

get over it feller.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
maikel said:
don't forget to mention Breschel, he looked fantastic in dwars door vlaanderen, although Boonen ans Canc have more "body"

yeah he did. But I think saxo will be all for canc. at rvv.
Breschel is a real chance tomorrow at G-W

sublimit said:
^^ A gentleman and a schlolar.
Ok i think it might be time for you to shut up and stop ruining this thread. Cant we stick to cycling and not taking the ****.....

get over it feller.

take it easy mate, we're just discussing some thoughts that have emerged from the race. The ability to ignore posts you don't like is there ;)

And once again I find E3 Prijs one of the most beautiful races to see. The only boring part is when the strongest ones are definately clear (when Pozzato gave up), then there is a long part that is not interesting. But a race that starts with 70km to go is always great.
Much better than 'we all wait for the Saint Nicolas' /Liège.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
And once again I find E3 Prijs one of the most beautiful races to see. The only boring part is when the strongest ones are definately clear (when Pozzato gave up), then there is a long part that is not interesting. But a race that starts with 70km to go is always great.
Much better than 'we all wait for the Saint Nicolas' /Liège.

I couldn't agree more. Once again an E3 Prijs Grand Cru.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah he did. But I think saxo will be all for canc. at rvv.
Breschel is a real chance tomorrow at G-W

take it easy mate, we're just discussing some thoughts that have emerged from the race. The ability to ignore posts you don't like is there ;)

yeah and the ability to refrain from posting garbage and ignoring my thread is there as well but thanks for your contribution.

anyway yes, catch up with you all tomorrow.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
il_fiammingo said:
I couldn't agree more. Once again an E3 Prijs Grand Cru.

this is a great description!

annoyed at having one of busiest days at work for a while combined with mssing all of this, at least for rvv next week ill be there in the flesh for 3rd year in the row. staying at the grupello (sp?) hotel just off the square by the train station

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone find bmc out on course today? i thought ballan, burhardt and kroon could AT LEAST produced a top 10. They seemed to be getting some form at MSR and those guys said they were as well. Then today, nothing. i think the much younger inexperienced squad who are riding for evans at C.I, peformed better than the expreienced guys of the cobbles in belgium. They better lift their game. Hopefully they can show something at gent. Burghardt said he was feeling good and was feeling good for the win at E3 but he flopped. Only 3 of the team finished...

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Probably been said already but...

Brilliant race! It's great when there are a bunch of riders on top form duking it out...the next few weeks are going to be awsome racing.

Love it :D

+1

Can't wait for more!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Probably been said already but...

Brilliant race! It's great when there are a bunch of riders on top form duking it out...the next few weeks are going to be awsome racing.

Love it :D

indeed. I seriously cannot wait for RVV.

sublimit said:
yeah and the ability to refrain from posting garbage and ignoring my thread is there as well but thanks for your contribution.

garbage for discussing some prospects of the sport? And lol@ you taking ownership of a thread cause you created it. Because yes one wouldn't have been made if you hadn't come along. get over yourself :rolleyes: you sir, are a tool.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Did anyone find bmc out on course today? i thought ballan, burhardt and kroon could AT LEAST produced a top 10. They seemed to be getting some form at MSR and those guys said they were as well. Then today, nothing. i think the much younger inexperienced squad who are riding for evans at C.I, peformed better than the expreienced guys of the cobbles in belgium. They better lift their game. Hopefully they can show something at gent. Burghardt said he was feeling good and was feeling good for the win at E3 but he flopped. Only 3 of the team finished...

I believe Burghardt was in the rabogroup after the paterberg but you could see that he was finished because when Boom asked he several times to take the lead of that group he did not react and later on he lost touch with that group because he finished in the back of the peleton.

Well done Cancellara and good rides by Boonen and Flecha........"if you hesitate you loose..."....also Rabobank rode well as a team 3 riders in top 10..............Auscyclesfan where is our Team Bmc?very dissapointing..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Well done Cancellara and good rides by Boonen and Flecha........"if you hesitate you loose..."....also Rabobank rode well as a team 3 riders in top 10..............Auscyclesfan where is our Team Bmc?very dissapointing..

Our team bmc was good at CI but no where in E3, hincapie is coming inot the team for Gent so maybe he can do something. Thought they had some form coming in but ballan and burghardt weren't great. Kroon did alright but I thought he was actually a man of the ardennes not the cobbles though I could be wrong.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
i just want to apologize for one or two comments i made yesterday, i might of gone over the top ie towards TLR so no hard feelings hopefully from him or anybody. i was slightly over emotional or drunk probably.

it was a good race though and maybe i might try to learn Flemish sometime. Boonen, Flecha, Cancellara looked so much stronger than anybody- men against boys and i can see Paris-Roubaix panning out with these again for a rematch.

TRENDING THREADS