• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Early peakers

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
ciranda said:
GuyIncognito said:
In Berzin's case because he married a filthy rich italian woman who loved to party.
After that he couldn't care less about training ever again. It was all about partying and enjoying her money and company.

As far as I remember the woman Berzin married was twenty years older and owned a used car dealership in the province Pavia. That description looks more accurate for Romans Vainsteins who married the daughter of the Vini Caldirola sponsor and pretty was much was over as a cyclist two years after he was world champ.
If I remember correctly, you had a chance to draft him, and I did. Berzin '94, over BigMig and Pantani, the greatest GT win ever. Everything else is Clinic stuff, let's not go there :) .

That was fun. No I think he was already chosen when it was my turn and I went with Roberto Heras.

Did Hinault say cycling is a contact sport? He must have jacked that from Bourdieu.