• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Easton Wheels

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
My friend has an expensive pair of these wheels and the spokes in the front are for ever breaking. Emails to Easton in the USA go unanswered. Cannot go to the supplier as these were on a virtually new and unridden but second hand Trek. Why is that this Company chooses to ignore their emails????

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have set of EA 70 carbon wheels which have run perfect for 2 years then I accidently reversed the car over the front wheel.

Many have done it put the bike on the roof rack and forgoten the front wheel.

I broken 2 spokes but the wheel was still true I put 2 new spokes in the wheel and it was perfect except a slight flat spot where the 4x4 wheel crushed it, .

No this wheel is not for sale on Ebay but it is used on the wind trainer true but never safe again.
The spokes are $5 each .
get the wheel rebuilt. I am waiting a new rim for mine but that is also expencive.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
It has been rebuilt with a new spoke 3 times. This should not happen to a wheel of this quality. I have handbuilt wheels that have done thousands of miles without even truing. Anyway the point here is that Easton seem not to reply to emails. If this is how they are then steer well clear of 'em.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
A word of caution; Companies will not warranty anything unless it's by the original registered owner of the wheel set, and must be purchased from a dealer. Warranties are not transferable, nor do they apply to ebay purchases.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a set of Ea90 wheels and they have been totally perfect, I have only had 1 broken spoke in over 7000km of racing, which was caused by me being careless and not fixing a bladed spoke that had rotated at right angles to its correct orientation.
The only thing that has caused trouble is the stock Easton spoke nipples which started breaking after a while, replaced them with more conventional nipples and all has been well.
Also, don't even bother taking your 2nd hand gear to the manufacturer and complaining, they don't really care.

RoadieBeast said:
I have a set of Ea90 wheels and they have been totally perfect, I have only had 1 broken spoke in over 7000km of racing, which was caused by me being careless and not fixing a bladed spoke that had rotated at right angles to its correct orientation.
The only thing that has caused trouble is the stock Easton spoke nipples which started breaking after a while, replaced them with more conventional nipples and all has been well.
Also, don't even bother taking your 2nd hand gear to the manufacturer and complaining, they don't really care.

"they have been totally perfect". so except for the spokes, tension and nipples, these have been perfect...