• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 95 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think the next step would be to go from the "C" team, to a "Ca" team (already 5 of those) and Charmig doesn't really fit that criteria. From then, they could focus on "Car" as they already have 3 of those.

As long as they remember to fill up on carbohydrates while riding their carbon bikes, they should be fine.

They shouldn't carress carcasses.

Being serious, I have mixed feelings about EF's 2023 roster. It's certainly stronger than the 2022 one, Carapaz and Piccolo seem like great signings but I still feel like the team is lacking some of the qualities it had in 2017-2020.

The cobbled classics team is kinda sketchy. It used to be one of the best in the peloton but now they're relying on Bettiol who's unreliable due to health issues. Rutsch and Bissegger haven't been developing as much I hoped for, Keukeleire is not the same after COVID, Valgren is out, Langeveld has not been properly replaced. There's Honore who may try cobbled races in 2023 but we'll see how it goes. The team doesn't have the strength in numbers it used to have and particularly for Roubaix a good result seems like a long shot.

Most of their climbers are now kinda weak TT-ists, as they were around 2017 and this was beginning to change around 2019-2020 but seems to have gone back as they've lost riders like Martinez, Van Garderen, Kangert etc. They still don't have a proper sprinter either. Not a lot of versatility around. If Carapaz doesn't deliver a big GT result, the team may struggle to have much success.

Being serious, I have mixed feelings about EF's 2023 roster. It's certainly stronger than the 2022 one, Carapaz and Piccolo seem like great signings but I still feel like the team is lacking some of the qualities it had in 2017-2020.

The cobbled classics team is kinda sketchy. It used to be one of the best in the peloton but now they're relying on Bettiol who's unreliable due to health issues. Rutsch and Bissegger haven't been developing as much I hoped for, Keukeleire is not the same after COVID, Valgren is out, Langeveld has not been properly replaced. There's Honore who may try cobbled races in 2023 but we'll see how it goes. The team doesn't have the strength in numbers it used to have and particularly for Roubaix a good result seems like a long shot.

Most of their climbers are now kinda weak TT-ists, as they were around 2017 and this was beginning to change around 2019-2020 but seems to have gone back as they've lost riders like Martinez, Van Garderen, Kangert etc. They still don't have a proper sprinter either. Not a lot of versatility around. If Carapaz doesn't deliver a big GT result, the team may struggle to have much success.

They have a bunch of decent and half-decent riders, that could improve any squad, but very few winners.

Like you say, they will have to hope Carapaz has a couple of great seasons left or that Piccolo turns into a monster.

Powless is good if he can repeat last season or if he can improve even further.

Cort is capable, but not a winning machine.

Honoré could be hit or miss, we will see.

Eh, they are a bit all over the place as a squad. They lack an identity.

They have a bunch of decent and half-decent riders, that could improve any squad, but very few winners.

Like you say, they will have to hope Carapaz has a couple of great seasons left or that Piccolo turns into a monster.

Powless is good if he can repeat last season or if he can improve even further.

Cort is capable, but not a winning machine.

Honoré could be hit or miss, we will see.

Eh, they are a bit all over the place as a squad. They lack an identity.

Why would Honoré be miss?

He is an awesome signing for them.

Reactions: Sandisfan