• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

It appears that I wasn't too good at recognising them from that short video. :D

No Andre Cardoso is a big surprise. It's the first time in his career when he missess a GT other than TdF riding for a team that actually rides those races. Maybe he is out of the team at the end of the year? :confused:

Woods perhaps didn't manage to recover his pre LBL form after injury soon enough, I guess. Shame, but I'm not surprised. Cannondale didn't race a lot in the first half of the season, so I think they still have plenty of relatively fresh guys with better form than Michael.

Overall it's very decent roster. One of the few teams that doesn't look like sending their B or even C squad. Team classification win isn't out of the question IMO.

Well, that was a decent ttt but I ain't got no clue who's really gonna end up leading the team tbh. Talansky got beaten by Morton in Utah and his big gear climbing style ain't really favored by those steap Vuelta ramps, is it? Of course he's been in in top 10 here before. Dombrowski would be the natural pick, since he's a pure climber. But he already struggled today, because riding Leadville probably ain't no ideal preparation for targeting the general classification here in Spain. Rolland's shape completely unknown at this point and I don't really see Formolo stepping up here now all of a sudden after a rather weak Giro performance earlier this year!

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Escarabajo said:
So what is wrong with these guys??

JV, what is going on with your team?
You didn't expect anything from any of them today, did you?
Maybe a little better. But I am talking about all year. It looks like their level have been down, don't you think?
Oh yeah, I agree that they've been bad all year, but I didn't really expect anything from any of their riders this season, so it's not really a surprise or disappointment I think.

Rolland, Talansky, Formolo, Rolland... nowhere to be seen. Well, I guess Talansky and Formolo did decent(ish) and can possibly fight for a top-10. At least Talansky can, considering 7 of the 10 spots in the top-10 consists of 3 Sky's and 4 Movi's.

What we can expect them to is to win at least one stage in the mountains. I think they have an interesting team on paper.

Talansky lost about as much time, even a bit less, to top guys, as he did on the same finish in 2012, during the race which he finished 7th overall in. He was never good on very steep climbs.

Rolland and Dombrowski are also not suited to explosive climbs. They are not here to fight for GC so they didn't bother to fight today. No point in wasting energy on stages they don't stand a chance of doing something, they'll be in breakaways on stages with longer climbs, no doubt.

Anderis said:
The team often ends up working for the wrong guy. Who knows what they could've got from today's stage if Rolland was doing pulls for King, not the other way around.
Hard to blame them for going for Rolland instead of King today. King earned himself a little more freedom for another go, which might not come, but them's the breaks.

I'm happy with how Talansky performed today. I would have never expected that he can beat Chavez and finish 7th from favourites group on such a steep climb. Formolo also decent today. I hope he doesn't start fading miserably in 2nd week as he did in the two previous Giros.

Too bad they didn't put anyone in the break today, though. It was not a very strong break and there was a chance to end the WT wins drought.

Anderis said:
I'm happy with how Talansky performed today. I would have never expected that he can beat Chavez and finish 7th from favourites group on such a steep climb. Formolo also decent today. I hope he doesn't start fading miserably in 2nd week as he did in the two previous Giros.

Too bad they didn't put anyone in the break today, though. It was not a very strong break and there was a chance to end the WT wins drought.

Talansky isn't getting any better. He is either staying the same or regressing a bit. Cannondale feels very much like a French team. They have no identity. They have done a poor job developing riders. They have practically zero results of note this year.

it's a shame they didn't have anyone in the break but would it have mattered? They had two in an earlier break - with Rolland the supposed best climber in the group and he flamed out.

WildspokeJoe said:
They have no identity.
Sorry, but that's ***, both regarding Cannondale and some of the French teams.

WildspokeJoe said:
it's a shame they didn't have anyone in the break but would it have mattered? They had two in an earlier break - with Rolland the supposed best climber in the group and he flamed out.
And King was supposed to be just helping and was the one who did the most pulling just before the climb, yet ended up 3rd.
We don't know how would that pan out, but stages like these are good opportunities and Cannondale seems to have some guys in decent form here, even if Rolland is not one of them.

I was wondering all throughout the last few kilometers where the hell Talansky was. They didn't even show him crossing the line. I once saw a green jersey being passed by Sanchez, and I had no idea who it was, but it turned out it was not Talansky. Either Villella or a motorbike driver who had a jersey of simillar color too. :lol: I was praying to find out that Andrew was not reeled in and left far behind when checking the results and my wish came true.

If they only had a guy in the break yesterday, they would have been in a good position to win team classification at least.

I'm satisfied with how Talansky and Formolo are doing in this race, but lack of WT win in almost 1,5 years is really starting to **** me off. Especailly when riders like Calmejane, Van Genechten, de la Cruz or Lagutin are winning Vuelta stages.

It seems people are not willing to write in this thread when Cannondale does well. ;)

Yet another good stage and now the team has 2 guys in top8 of GC. Not sure if Formolo can hang onto the top10 in GC with TT in consideration, but it's definetely his best GT so far GC-wise.

I'm sad for Wippert. Crash in Hamburg, illness in Plouay and today another crash in Tour of Britain. :(

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Anderis said:
It seems people are not willing to write in this thread when Cannondale does well. ;)

Yet another good stage and now the team has 2 guys in top8 of GC. Not sure if Formolo can hang onto the top10 in GC with TT in consideration, but it's definetely his best GT so far GC-wise.

I'm sad for Wippert. Crash in Hamburg, illness in Plouay and today another crash in Tour of Britain. :(
Formolo wasn't that bad in hilly ITTs as a neopro (as far as I can remember he was pretty good in the 2014 TdS ITT), but durning the last 2 years he hasn't really ridden a good ITT.

TRENDING THREADS