• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I absolutely love the kit. Some have said the EF cannot be seen, but if so, I don't think it matters. Those team jerseys will be talked about and the team name will be mentioned every stage.
My only question is if they could possibly pose a danger. Anyone who has turned a pedal in anger knows what it's like to desperately hang on to the wheel in front of you when things get serious. This might sound really silly, but I wonder if a "cross-eyed" rider hanging on for dear life might experience vertigo when looking at the back of the rider in front.

• Wow
Reactions: Pantani_lives
For me, the EF jerseys were very difficult to spot in the peloton during the Giro stage. White helmets don't help as half of the peloton has white helmets.

I wonder where will Caicedo go to after this win becaue he is not going to stay at EF judging by how the things are going this year. :p

I feel for the riders in the EF team - With them only racing WT races some riders have clocked up few race days since the recommencement of the season - Unless you ride a GT there are few racing days - Could this be a reason why riders want to leave the team.

I've always expected Guerreiro to do something noticeable in this Giro.
Told you so...
At least with the squad they have for the Giro, there will be no need for the cameras to focus in or dwell on these.
Looking at how weak the field is this Giro, EF may actually be very visible and successful in the breakaways with riders like Clarke and Guerreiro.
Told you so x2
Just the first week and they already have 2 stage wins + Whelan was the last man standing from a breakaway on another day. Plenty of camera time. :p

A very successful season for the team IMO considering the circumstances. Shame the next one is likely not going to be anywhere near as good with all the riders they're losing for 2021. :(

Reactions: Sandisfan
Told you so...

Told you so x2
Just the first week and they already have 2 stage wins + Whelan was the last man standing from a breakaway on another day. Plenty of camera time. :p

A very successful season for the team IMO considering the circumstances. Shame the next one is likely not going to be anywhere near as good with all the riders they're losing for 2021. :(
Let them get Sagan and Quintana. Seriously.

Why them specifically?
Just a fantasy wishlist. Vaughters has done well with a collection of riders, particularly the young Columbian squad. They always seem to be cohesive and well-coached which might be a pleasant change for Quintana.
Sagan likes California (the team base) and is extremely popular in the US although our racing is almost non-existent even pre-Covid. He might be able to bring bigger sponsorship to the table and he could pretty much ride any schedule he wanted.
The reality is the team may not retain key riders and who knows what next season looks like?

Halvorsen confirmed to UnoX even if he had a contract with EF next season. That means EF now only have 12 (?) riders signed for next year?

Bettiol
Bissegger
Carthy
Cort
Craddock
Guerreiro
Higuita
Howes
Owen
Powless
Rutsch
Whelan

It's a decent bunch of riders, but there is a big need for qualitys (re)signings if they want to stay competitive next season.

• Wow

I'm not going to lie I had to triple check to make sure they weren't leading GC.
A team that doesn't have many riders signed for next year and is doing a reduced race calendar suggests money is tight. Good opportunity for some seemingly positive PR (getting the name out there on the side of responsibility and caution) to go with the on-bike successes to try to keep on the right side of CSR and entice some more sponsor investment for a team that has not got a marquee leader or sprinter? I mean, Vaughters has never been shy about voicing self-serving opinions, why should he be shy about voicing less self-serving ones too?

After all, now the new jerseys render the sponsor's logo unreadable from the helicam...

TRENDING THREADS