• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 84 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That the other riders can help that single rider in most races in ways that they cannot in an ITT (see Sheffield's win a week ago). No reason to play dumb.
And you think that Bissegger will not be helped by DSs, mechanics etc. to the best of their abilities or that they don't count as part of the team?

Saying that getting yellow in the ITT is the team's goal can be factually correct. Who started playing dumb here...

Reactions: Sandisfan
After the first races, I was almost sure Bettiol would have a good spring. In fact, his spring was disappointing. There must be something wrong. He has the class to win the biggest races. He sadly disappointed many times, in recent times…

He was good in Bessenges, but he got sick afterwards which pretty much seems to have ruined his spring. Similar to Moscon. Neither being capable of finding any form during the classics.

After the first races, I was almost sure Bettiol would have a good spring. In fact, his spring was disappointing. There must be something wrong. He has the class to win the biggest races. He sadly disappointed many times, in recent times…
He was sick for some time, I can't remember if it was Covid or bronchitis, but it totally ruined his shape.

My suspicions have become reality. Carthy is not the answer in terms of a GC leader for a GT. He hasn’t even shown the ability to win stages as he did a couple of years ago (Suisse maybe?) With Carr going home, the only hope EF have for a decent result is Cort. They really need to scrutinize their rider development program. Carthy is a mess, Higuita leaves and shines after doing little at EF the last two years, Rutsch has not developed into a serious classics rider. None of their young climbers have shown much promise. Cannondale make a nice TT bike, but if I’m Bissegger, I’m moving on ASAP. Right now Rigo and Cort are their only other options for UCI points and placings. Maybe Bettiol if he can get healthy. What a mess. I hope EF (the sponsor) is patient with the team and they can right the ship. Anyone know how long they have signed on as title sponsor?

FTbSEPwXwAIDkr7

FTbSEQKXwAE9hJx

It looks like their goal for this year is to get relegated from WT. It had seemed like an ambitious task before the year but they've already managed to lose 2/3 of the buffer they had had so they should get it done if they keep up at this pace.

TRENDING THREADS