• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They are not the worst team in the race by any stretch of the imagination...

Have you seen Cofidis' lineup?
If you read my post with comprehension, you would know that I was talking about actual results, not some hypothetical lineup strength.

teams.png

That's how it was a few stages ago. Since then Corratec got 2nd, leaving EF as clearly the worst.

If you read my post with comprehension, you would know that I was talking about actual results, not some hypothetical lineup strength.

teams.png

That's how it was a few stages ago. Since then Corratec got 2nd, leaving EF as clearly the worst.

I find it weird to be fan of a team yet being so busy putting them down, time and again.

You just cannot say that a team which has 17th as best stage result is clearly worse than a different team who has 12th as best stage result. Both of those things are so bad that the exact placement is really irrelevant. Then you need to look at other things.

And I figure that they won't top your list at the end of the Giro...

Reactions: Salvarani
I find it weird to be fan of a team yet being so busy putting them down, time and again.

You just cannot say that a team which has 17th as best stage result is clearly worse than a different team who has 12th as best stage result. Both of those things are so bad that the exact placement is really irrelevant. Then you need to look at other things.

And I figure that they won't top your list at the end of the Giro...
And you seem to be busy turning a post of which main point was a factual statement into something that it's not and then add unfair personal remark at the end. I don't appreciate that.

Anyway, Healy has proven to today that his Ardennes performances were no fluke and he is probably the hottest name on the market without a contract for 2024. Other EF riders with no contract for next year are Carthy, Bettiol and Cort. Given that the team has already spent a large chunk of their budget for adding Carapaz, I think it's very likely they won't be able to keep Healy for the next year. If they somehow do, then I expect some of the other names I mentioned are going to leave. Vaughters is going to be busy if he wants to keep all of them.

And you seem to be busy turning a post of which main point was a factual statement into something that it's not and then add unfair personal remark at the end. I don't appreciate that.

Anyway, Healy has proven to today that his Ardennes performances were no fluke and he is probably the hottest name on the market without a contract for 2024. Other EF riders with no contract for next year are Carthy, Bettiol and Cort. Given that the team has already spent a large chunk of their budget for adding Carapaz, I think it's very likely they won't be able to keep Healy for the next year. If they somehow do, then I expect some of the other names I mentioned are going to leave. Vaughters is going to be busy if he wants to keep all of them.

They have two former Grand Tour podium finishers, a former Ronde winner, an 8 time GT stage winner and the third strongest rider of this year's Ardennes campaign on their team, of course they're not the worst team in the race. And today that was proven quite soundly.

They don't have a sprinter and didn't manage to put a rider in the break on stage 4 or 7 which was of course unfortunate but as most people would expect not predictive for the entire race.

Reactions: Salvarani
I was under the impression that last summer when EF splashed the cash Carapaz it signalled that the team was getting increased sponsorship dollars from EF.
I don't remember what details led to that conclusion. Anyone else get that impression?

Anyway, I agree that Vaughters has several people he needs to re-sign ASAP

They have two former Grand Tour podium finishers, a former Ronde winner, an 8 time GT stage winner and the third strongest rider of this year's Ardennes campaign on their team, of course they're not the worst team in the race. And today that was proven quite soundly.

They don't have a sprinter and didn't manage to put a rider in the break on stage 4 or 7 which was of course unfortunate but as most people would expect not predictive for the entire race.
My post was the evaluation of what had happened until that point, not a prediction of what would happen in the future. I'm going to abandon this exchange because you seem to want to keep challenging me on views that I haven't expressed. You repeated your points about how many good riders they have in their roster despite me already having clarified that I didn't mean that they've had the weakest roster. I don't know why you would want to do that.

Potomac,

I feel You are pretty quick to throw My favorite team under the bus.

I don't believe in 3 years they will be relegated. They're having a good season so far.

Over at the Ben Healy thread, it also feels like You talk too much. Nagative after negative.

EF is spilling their guts. Potomac is spilling His guts.

Give'm a break; These guys are racing and all You are doing is talking.

Please.

Reactions: jmdirt
I was under the impression that last summer when EF splashed the cash Carapaz it signalled that the team was getting increased sponsorship dollars from EF.
I don't remember what details led to that conclusion. Anyone else get that impression?

Anyway, I agree that Vaughters has several people he needs to re-sign ASAP
Yes, I got the same impression and/or even read it somewhere. EF Education (the company) was severely hit with the pandemic, but is now back on track.

EF cannot compete with the Big 5, but should have the money to re-sign those riders. Healy will be targeted by other teams, although it seems he really fits with EF, where he can ride the way he likes.

Reactions: jmdirt
Potomac,

I feel You are pretty quick to throw My favorite team under the bus.

I don't believe in 3 years they will be relegated. They're having a good season so far.

Over at the Ben Healy thread, it also feels like You talk too much. Nagative after negative.

EF is spilling their guts. Potomac is spilling His guts.

Give'm a break; These guys are racing and all You are doing is talking.

Please.

My histrionics were, I thought, clearly ironics, mocking another poster on this thread.

And...I'm a Healy fan.

My guess, GCW, is you and I have very different senses of humour.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS