• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Strongman and hardman Cort again… IMHO, he‘s a legend, now. :)

You underestimate this team and this rider so easily. Pink clothes, Cort‘s hair and mustache, and so on. Their MPCC sympathy. Things like these make me underestimate this team.

Hats off to Cort. In his niche, he‘s one of the best.

Now a stage win at the Tour, and then Vaughters‘ 2023 has been a good year…

EF is having a good GIRO d,Italia, as of the flat stage 17.

* 1 of only 4 teams to have won 2 stages.
* Animating many stages with near stage wins.
* Wearing the Mountain Climber’s Jersey.

Stage 8, WIN, Healy

Stage 10, WIN, Cort.

Stage 12, Bettiol took 7th.

Stage 13, Cepeda, 3rd.

Stage 14, Bettiol, 3rd.

Stage 15, Healy, 2nd.

Stage 16, Healy climbs into the Climber’s Jersey.

Reactions: Sandisfan
EF is having a good GIRO d,Italia, as of the flat stage 17.

* 1 of only 4 teams to have won 2 stages.
* Animating many stages with near stage wins.
* the Mountain Climber’s Jersey.

Stage 8, WIN, Healy

Stage 10, WIN, Cort.

Stage 12, Bettiol took 7th.

Stage 13, Cepeda, 3rd.

Stage 14, Bettiol, 3rd.

Stage 15, Healy, 2nd.

Stage 16, Healy climbs into the Climber’s Jersey.
“Animating many stages with near stage wins.” Their boss also animated plenty of Twitter accounts :)

• Haha
Reactions: FroomeWagon

Surprised to see Bettiol and Cort both doing Giro/tour double. Would not be surprised to see one or both come off the Tour start list.

If these six do go, I would guess Powless and one of Bissegger, Rutsch, or Scully fill the last two spots? The only thing I know for sure is that we won’t find out until the night before the tour starts- much to the irritation of me and every journalist, podcaster and pundit that wishes to do a tour preview piece

Surprised to see Bettiol and Cort both doing Giro/tour double. Would not be surprised to see one or both come off the Tour start list.
I'm pretty sure Cort has a secure spot, unless he gets injured. He delivered in last year's race, and he did the same in the Giro. I don't know about Bettiol, but if he's still healthy and in good shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team either.

Reactions: tobydawq
If EF is going all in for Carapaz on GC, as they should, I'd at least add Chaves as a mountain domestique. He and Uran should be able to provide enough support. Then Bisegger, I think. You could have either Powless or Bettiol as stage hunters if Carapaz falters.
I guess it can't hurt to have some insurance by bringing Chaves, but because Carapaz is likely to freelance and use other teams and team leaders to follow, a healthy Uran might be enough in the high mountains. Unless, of course, he somehow finds himself in yellow and needs support to defend. But we know that's highly unlikely. I haven't heard much about how Carapaz is going this year, but just based on his track record, I can definitely see him sneaking away to grab a bunch of time on one stage and then hanging well enough to podium. Though I think he's below Mas and Hindley as a favorite for the 3rd spot.

However I'm not so sure Honoré will actually make the team. He hasn't had the best of luck so far this year, but I assume he still has to show some kind of form to get selected. Luckily it looks like the concussion isn't hampering too much anymore.

Padun looked good yesterday, so he should definitely also be in contention.

Vaughters would’ve been an idiot to let him go, he’s been far and away their best rider this year.
It was not about Vaughters letting him go. Healy was probably the hottest prospect on the transfer market and I'm surprised that EF had the money to keep him after hiring Carapaz last year. It seems their budget is much healthier now than it has been in a long time.

With Carapaz and Healy secured until 2025 and with over 3000 points buffer over relegation zone, EF are now in such a comfortable position. Hopefully it will reflect in some good long term moves on the transfer market as they can afford not chasing any short term solutions right now.

The only other time I remember them being in such a good position was 2020 and it all fell apart because of pandemics and budget shortage. Hopefully nothing similar happens this time.

Interesting that Uno X were not interested in Foss because he allegedly wanted too much money, but yet, they sign Cort who would not be cheap.
It's quite possible that Foss simply wanted to be overpaid, while Cort agreed to ride for what he's worth.

But I assume Cort is not quite as expensive as some may think. All he gets is a stage win here and there, he's not a threat in big classics or GC or TdF points classification. He's probably never going to win something as big as WC ITT as Foss did.

Noooooo, I want Cort AND Healey both!
I wanted Martinez and Higuita to be long term leaders for EF but you don't always get what you want, especially with limited budget. Keeping Healy while still having Carapaz and Powless onboard exceeds my expectations, I couldn't have asked for more.

As Honore showed decent form in TdS, I guess these 7 + Chaves should be the ultimate TdF roster but we will see. They have surprised me with their selections in the past.

TRENDING THREADS