• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's hard to digest but I think the most probable outcome is no Giro this year. It's hard to imagine that especially the Italians would agree to such a big event with so big crowds for three weeks happening in their country after these terrible pandemic. See ya at Giro 2021 starting from Budapest.

Reactions: KZD
It's hard to digest but I think the most probable outcome is no Giro this year. It's hard to imagine that especially the Italians would agree to such a big event with so big crowds for three weeks happening in their country after these terrible pandemic. See ya at Giro 2021 starting from Budapest.

Except I'm pretty sure the agreement for the Giro start in 2021 has already been made.

The Women's Tour, due to take place on June 8-13, has already been cancelled. I'm beginning to get a bit pessimistic about the prospect of any racing at all this year

View: https://twitter.com/thewomenstour/status/1238479933724217345
XLDjlvi-

This is hard. I was very much looking forward to this cycling season which promised to be spectacular:

• Van der Poel vs. Van Aert vs. DQS in the classics;
  • Evenepoel in the Giro;
  • Ineos vs. Jumbo in the Tour;
  • Olympics and Worlds on hard and selective routes;

I hope the virus can get contained as quickly as possible and we can have a rather 'normal' second part of the season but my hopes aren't high anymore.

TRENDING THREADS