• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 91 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Italy opened it's restaurants and bars recently I believe, and has seen an increase in cases. I'm sure Strade and Tirreno are safe, but the Giro? What do our Italian friends think?
Hard to make predictions at this point.
Some restrictions will be implemented in March and we'll see how it goes.

I don't think the biggest cycling races are in danger unless a dramatic raise in cases occur in that specific region before the race.

I wouldn't count on vaccines though. We're way behind schedule.

Reactions: postmanhat
Now for something a bit different! Because here's Alaphilippe and Ballerini being a pair of naughty boys:

VKM5ACEHuxJNW8Ke3JocjY-970-80.jpg.webp

"Naughty? Why?" You ask. Well, because of this:

Hugging also banned: UCI urges riders to set example in fight against COVID-19 | Cyclingnews

Reactions: Cookster15
it depends. If it's not worthy, I'd really say it's better to not to have a race at all.

Amstel is not so important anyway, but for basically all monuments for example, I'd definitely prefer them to be called off instead of being held on a mickey mouse circuit like this.

Yeah, I'm sort of with you. I really am sad that it will be on a circuit, especially because the race has become so good lately.

For those keeping tabs on Italy, are there going to be issues for San Remo because of the new restrictions that started today?

“From Monday most of Italy will be placed under lockdown and people will only be allowed to leave their homes for essential errands. Most shops will be closed, along with bars and restaurants.”

For those keeping tabs on Italy, are there going to be issues for San Remo because of the new restrictions that started today?

“From Monday most of Italy will be placed under lockdown and people will only be allowed to leave their homes for essential errands. Most shops will be closed, along with bars and restaurants.”

Milan-San Remo and then Cappi e Bartali a few days after MSR.

TRENDING THREADS