Eki frustrated by AC's comments

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
Thats okay, neither do any of Armstrong's fans. The only way they will believe it is if its twittered by The Uniballer.

I think this passage pretty much sums up the haters;

Envy is that passion which views with malignant dislike the superiority of those who are really entitled to all the superiority they possess. (Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments, p. 244)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Scott SoCal said:
I think this passage pretty much sums up the haters;

Envy is that passion which views with malignant dislike the superiority of those who are really entitled to all the superiority they possess. (Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments, p. 244)
Oooh, this one can read.

Unconsciously we all have a standard by which we measure other men, and if we examine closely we find that this standard is a very simple one and is this: we admire them, we envy them, for great qualities which we ourselves lack. Hero worship consists in just that. Our heroes are the men who do things which we recognize with regret and sometimes with a secret shame that we cannot do. We find not much in ourselves to admire, we are always privately wanting to be like somebody else. If everybody was satisfied with himself there would be no heroes.
- Mark Twain

Indeed, it is the fanboy who envies. I despise, and the two are quite different because I want nothing the Uniballer has in accomplishment (because of the manner he attained it) nor in personality.
 
Jul 17, 2009
406
0
0
Eva Maria said:
The list of lies is long.

In this case Armstrong tired to paint Contador as ungrateful teammate who did not thank his teammates. When actually he did, every night according to Zubeldia

"end stage he went from room to room to give thanks for the work."

http://www.diariovasco.com/20090729/deportes/ciclismo/relacion-contador-armstrong-sido-20090729.html

He also thanked them at dinner after the last big stage, the dinner that Armstrong skipped. Classy.
Can I have some other examples of lie? Sorry, I just do not know of any...

I think you are referring to when he told AC to "stop this drivel and start thanking the team."? Sorry, I do not see any lies here???? Are you taking this out of context and stating Lance said something to the effect "you have not thanked the team"? What I think Lance meant by his statement was AC should start thanking his team in the media - I don't recall any interviews where AC said he could not do this without the team and thanking them. I do recall Lance doing that after every TDF win.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
goober said:
Can I have some other examples of lie? Sorry, I just do not know of any...

I think you are referring to when he told AC to "stop this drivel and start thanking the team."? Sorry, I do not see any lies here???? Are you taking this out of context and stating Lance said something to the effect "you have not thanked the team"? What I think Lance meant by his statement was AC should start thanking his team in the media - I don't recall any interviews where AC said he could not do this without the team and thanking them. I do recall Lance doing that after every TDF win.
There is so much dishonesty in what he twittered and said to the media that to even bother to point it out would suggest you are capable of seeing what is right in front of your eyes, and obviously sir, you cannot.
 
Jul 17, 2009
406
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
There is so much dishonesty in what he twittered and said to the media that to even bother to point it out would suggest you are capable of seeing what is right in front of your eyes, and obviously sir, you cannot.
W^ foods. C'mon guys, you fling the sheit and have nothing to support it. Lance has never told a lie. The list is long. I can't provide it; but, the list is long. All I am asking is for some examples, not twisted out of context to benfit a hater. :D And no, I am not a fanboy - totally neutral - just want fact and like you want to stir the pot (just not as frequent as you).
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
There is so much dishonesty in what he twittered and said to the media that to even bother to point it out would suggest you are capable of seeing what is right in front of your eyes, and obviously sir, you cannot.
This is code for "I can't prove it".

Same 'ol situation.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
goober said:
W^ foods. C'mon guys, you fling the sheit and have nothing to support it. Lance has never told a lie. The list is long. I can't provide it; but, the list is long. All I am asking is for some examples, not twisted out of context to benfit a hater. :D And no, I am not a fanboy - totally neutral - just want fact and like you want to stir the pot (just not as frequent as you).
Yea, its kind of my thing.

Here is what I will say, he specifically created a picture of Contador that isn't supported by anyone else other than The Hog. It was a negative picture which in turn suggested that Lance was merely a victim of this other person's actions. To suggest that is how things were is to ignore who Mr Armstrong is. He is clever in his communication, but it does not alter the fact that the picture he paints is not what is really going on behind the scenes. That my friend is dishonesty at its worst. It is precisely why politics is such a nasty business. Accusations are not fact. When accusations (even subtle ones) are not challenged, they take on the air of fact, but that doesn't change what is true. I would suggest that there is little reason to believe Mr "most tested athlete." (hint, that isn't true either)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
Oooh, this one can read.

Unconsciously we all have a standard by which we measure other men, and if we examine closely we find that this standard is a very simple one and is this: we admire them, we envy them, for great qualities which we ourselves lack. Hero worship consists in just that. Our heroes are the men who do things which we recognize with regret and sometimes with a secret shame that we cannot do. We find not much in ourselves to admire, we are always privately wanting to be like somebody else. If everybody was satisfied with himself there would be no heroes.
- Mark Twain

Indeed, it is the fanboy who envies. I despise, and the two are quite different because I want nothing the Uniballer has in accomplishment (because of the manner he attained it) nor in personality.
You and Eva friends?
 
May 24, 2009
387
0
0
goober said:
Can I have some other examples of lie? Sorry, I just do not know of any...

I think you are referring to when he told AC to "stop this drivel and start thanking the team."? Sorry, I do not see any lies here???? Are you taking this out of context and stating Lance said something to the effect "you have not thanked the team"? What I think Lance meant by his statement was AC should start thanking his team in the media - I don't recall any interviews where AC said he could not do this without the team and thanking them. I do recall Lance doing that after every TDF win.
"Start thanking the team".... How can that not be read that he never thanked the team? If you read these boards it is clear that it had the desired effect as many tried to use it to paint Contador as ungrateful.

The sheep never question the myth
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, its kind of my thing.

Here is what I will say, he specifically created a picture of Contador that isn't supported by anyone else other than The Hog. It was a negative picture which in turn suggested that Lance was merely a victim of this other person's actions. To suggest that is how things were is to ignore who Mr Armstrong is. He is clever in his communication, but it does not alter the fact that the picture he paints is not what is really going on behind the scenes. That my friend is dishonesty at its worst. It is precisely why politics is such a nasty business. [B]Accusations are not fact. When accusations (even subtle ones) are not challenged, they take on the air of fact, but that doesn't change what is true. I would suggest that there is little reason to believe Mr "most tested athlete." (hint, that isn't true either)
[/B]


Read your own words over and over. Accusations are all the haters have.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Scott SoCal said:
[/B]


Read your own words over and over. Accusations are all the haters have.
No, you sir only fight with the words of your hero. You believe them because you are a sheep and must do so to maintain the fantasy you have in your head.

I was once a fan of Lance, but I never hero worship. When the weight of evidence became too much to ignore, I opened my eyes. You would do the same if you just became neutral and actually looked at everything that has happened. Some of your kind actually do that. It is always fun to see someone see the light. Maybe you will be another one of them. I actually hope so.

Note: "hater" doesn't bother me. If that is what I am, I wear it with pride because I don't act like a 12 year old Jonas Brothers fan as do you.
 
Jul 17, 2009
406
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, its kind of my thing.

Here is what I will say, he specifically created a picture of Contador that isn't supported by anyone else other than The Hog. It was a negative picture which in turn suggested that Lance was merely a victim of this other person's actions. To suggest that is how things were is to ignore who Mr Armstrong is. He is clever in his communication, but it does not alter the fact that the picture he paints is not what is really going on behind the scenes. That my friend is dishonesty at its worst. It is precisely why politics is such a nasty business. Accusations are not fact. When accusations (even subtle ones) are not challenged, they take on the air of fact, but that doesn't change what is true. I would suggest that there is little reason to believe Mr "most tested athlete." (hint, that isn't true either)
I dunno. I would bet JB supports it :D. I am not sure he painted a picture that was untrue nor did he state it that he was the victim. He painted a picture of a rider that 'has things to learn', does not follow team plans (he was not the only to identify this), stc. Neither of us know exactly what happened but I see nothing in Lance's twits or media statements that is a lie. Not for you to worry my friend, Eva owes us the purported list.
 
May 24, 2009
387
0
0
A quick list of Armstrong lies

The Actovign was for the diabetic mechanic
The Cortisone was for a saddle sore
He does not know his Vo2
He stopped working with Ferrari when he was convicted
His climbing bike weighed 21 pounds
He could increase his Hct from 39 to 48.5 by sleeping in a tent
That he paid his teammates bonuses, in fact he withheld payment to many of them
That he would be tested "Any time, any where" by Catlin
His Marriage vows
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Eva Maria said:
A quick list of Armstrong lies

The Actovign was for the diabetic mechanic
The Cortisone was for a saddle sore
He does not know his Vo2
He stopped working with Ferrari when he was convicted
His climbing bike weighed 21 pounds
He could increase his Hct from 39 to 48.5 by sleeping in a tent
That he paid his teammates bonuses, in fact he withheld payment to many of them
That he would be tested "Any time, any where" by Catlin
His Marriage vows
goober and SoCal,
If you wanted a list, there you go. That last one stings, but I gotta' say, good point.
 
Jun 23, 2009
168
0
0
To paint AC in a negative light, shows how many LA fans are on the forum. Ac has not done anything other than be younger and better. He has showed remarkable constraint if the media reports about the team hostility are true.

If the reports are not true and Astana were the most unified team ever, what did AC do wrong other than put a knackered Kloden in trouble to win the TDF?

He should not have attacked on Arcalis because it was against team orders? BS. What kind of team does not send the best climber in the world out on the attack on the first mountain finish if they have the legs?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Eva Maria said:
"Start thanking the team".... How can that not be read that he never thanked the team? If you read these boards it is clear that it had the desired effect as many tried to use it to paint Contador as ungrateful.

The sheep never question the myth[/QUOTE]


More like belief in innocence until guilt is proven.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Eva Maria said:
And 7 positive tests
I thought you were not supposed to discuss this topic HERE.

As I stated before. Take your proof where a case can be made and throw the proverbial book at him.... but you can't, can you?

So what do you really have? Nothing.
 
Jul 17, 2009
406
0
0
Eva Maria said:
A quick list of Armstrong lies

The Actovign was for the diabetic mechanic
The Cortisone was for a saddle sore
He does not know his Vo2
He stopped working with Ferrari when he was convicted
His climbing bike weighed 21 pounds
He could increase his Hct from 39 to 48.5 by sleeping in a tent
That he paid his teammates bonuses, in fact he withheld payment to many of them
That he would be tested "Any time, any where" by Catlin
His Marriage vows
I commend you on making a list - seriously. I have little knowledge on these subjects but will look at a few. Thanks.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Eva Maria said:
Nope, and as soon as he gets out he will resume his search for the real killers. :D
Dishonest people always give the "Innocent until proven guilty" shtick. Funny thing is that Mr Armstrong sued the living crap out of people until the 1999 samples came out. Now he keeps his lawyer on the shelf. The reason being that, once the burden of proof becomes "preponderance of the evidence," he knows how that will turn out. He doesn't want those samples nor men such as Ashenden in court. He knows that the weight of evidence is CLEARLY against him.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS