• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Emanuel Buchmann thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Most of Buchmann's rivals perform better in the early season but he's flying come July. That's not to say he's weak in the spring.

Kloden podiumed the Tour twice, but both years he was quite unspectacular in spring. After he won in the Basque country he barely got top 5 in stage races for the next 7 years, yet he managed to podium the Tour twice in that time.

Yea I remember 2006 year he had a terrible year till the Tour, was totally invisible at the Tour de Suisse just 2 weeks before the Tour and then he comes in 2nd.

Even if he recovers in time he just lost one if not two of his most important helpers. Bora doesn´t have the climbers to replace Schachmann and/or Mühlberger.

Good news for him: Jumbo seems to have lost one as well. Ineos looks a little short of in-form helpers as well. Movistar may not show up for the race, and if they do, it's going to be Valverde on his own.

Okay, I am getting sarcastic here. But really, the way that a lot of teams were badly affected today I think Buchmann can feel okay, and also Kämna was very strong today.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Reading the team statement, Buchmann should make it. Mühlberger and Schachmann are out though...

Usually, a rider can get back on his bike 6 days after breaking a collarbone. There are two weeks until the Tour. I wouldn't write off Schachmann yet.

But if he doesn't get ready in time he has the unique opportunity of a Paris-Nice/Tirreno-Adriatico double in the same calendar year.

I guess Buchmann will make it to the Tour but for sure his chances haven't gotten any better, how will his form be? Same with Schachmann or Mühlberger, even if they make it.

Kämna seems strong though, gained time compared to the group of favorites today, you rarely see that from an escapee on a MTF. He has proven last year as well that he can be at his best at the very end of a GT. I wrote before that he could make it into the Top 15. Now I would say maybe even the Top 10 are possible, if Buchmann won't recover.

I read he was back on his bike yesterday to see how it will go. In case it went ok they are going to the high altitude camp today. Don't have any info on how it went yet.. If he isn't in shape they will see from day to day and go to altitude as soon as possible. If he won't be able to bike more than 30mins by Friday or Saturday they will cancel his start at the Tour.

I read he was back on his bike yesterday to see how it will go. In case it went ok they are going to the high altitude camp today. Don't have any info on how it went yet.. If he isn't in shape they will see from day to day and go to altitude as soon as possible. If he won't be able to bike more than 30mins by Friday or Saturday they will cancel his start at the Tour.
Please keep us posted. He is a genuine podium contender, and it would be sad if he won't show Up.

TRENDING THREADS