• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eneco Tour 2012 Stage 6

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't think Tuft will survive the muur 3 times and there's not only the muur. Too explosive for him.

Think Boom or Chavanel win the eneco tour. OPQS will make the stage tomorrow very hard.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Dunno..3x Muur tomorrow. Should split things up

I'm a bit worried about the distance of that stage. There's a difference between riding the Muur after you just did 245km.

But then again, riding the Muur in the Summer with all the dust between the cobbles can be pretty tough as well.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Contador 10th in GC. 50 seconds behind. Can take top 5.

Seeing him ride on the muur is going to be something amazing.

Put my money on Boom after TT.

Contador 7th @ 22 secs down..... hmmmm
3ocy42.jpg

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
To be fair with a tt competition is not necessarily much different from training. It is riding solo on a tt bike and you can do that out of competition too.

If you dont have the race speed in the legs from daily racing, then you CANT ride with 50km/t average in any TT, not even under training, one thing follows the other Hitch, just how it works.
EDIT: and in Contadors case it´s not so much the lack of speed, but the lack of stamina that he needs to get back, which again, effects your average speed.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Fidolix said:
If you dont have the race speed in the legs from daily racing, then you CANT ride with 50km/t average in any TT, not even under training, one thing follows the other Hitch, just how it works.

Contador rode a few stages and did it so yeah it's possible. Ask Martin and Cancellara.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
Contador rode a few stages and did it so yeah it's possible. Ask Martin and Cancellara.

Yeah well, you obvious never rode a TT bike and have no clue what so ever, so be my guest and stay ignorant. ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Fidolix said:
Yeah well, you obvious never rode a TT bike and have no clue what so ever, so be my guest and stay ignorant. ;)

Contador just rode 50 km/h so your statement is negated and i'm sure other riders like martin/canc have proven you don't need much rythm to do that.

Don't get personal, you lose credibility that way.

Fidolix said:

Hey, fidolix - you seem to know more than everyone else on this matter. What team did you ride for in the peloton and what kind of TT-bike did you use? Just asking out of curiosity.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
:rolleyes: yeah sure he cracked

he'll finish top 10, probably top 5, in his first race (and tt) after 6 months of no competition
Let's see how Wiggins does in a time trial when you don't let him race anywhere competitively for 6 months.. probably not much better

:D. Also without any team staff near him.

Congrats to Tuft- i don't know whether he can hold on ( over Boom who is a good classics rider ) but i hope he can.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Hey, fidolix - you seem to know more than everyone else on this matter. What team did you ride for in the peloton and what kind of TT-bike did you use? Just asking out of curiosity.

Your sarcasm is very visible and very missplaced and in the light of you have absolutely no knowledge, not even a hint about what I have or have not done in the past just makes the sarcasm even dumber.
you mean just because I actually did rode a TT bike I must be or have been a pro rider? I have no doubt you mean on the pro tour, when you say in the peloton, less would be insane.
Yes I do know what it takes to ride a TT, is it a problem for you?
Yes I have been riding in a peloton, is it a problem for you?
No, I haven´t been a pro rider, not even close, but you think that makes me less qualified to speak my opinion which I can only base on my experience?

Fact is, riding a TT is without a doubt the hardest thing you will ever try on a bike, no exceptions. If you doubt me, then go try it.
And yes, the facts I wrote earlier is valid, if you lack race speed, you lack stamina, if you train TT, you cant go as fast as when you compete, that´s why many train with scooters to get the speed before racing, especially if you been out of competition for a while.

If not everything play 100% you can forget riding a good TT.

Which team and bike I rode? This sounds like a f... kindergarden.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Fidolix said:
Your sarcasm is very visible and very missplaced and in the light of you have absolutely no knowledge, not even a hint about what I have or have not done in the past just makes the sarcasm even dumber.
you mean just because I actually did rode a TT bike I must be or have been a pro rider? I have no doubt you mean on the pro tour, when you say in the peloton, less would be insane.
Yes I do know what it takes to ride a TT, is it a problem for you?
Yes I have been riding in a peloton, is it a problem for you?
No, I haven´t been a pro rider, not even close, but you think that makes me less qualified to speak my opinion which I can only base on my experience?

Fact is, riding a TT is without a doubt the hardest thing you will ever try on a bike, no exceptions. If you doubt me, then go try it.
And yes, the facts I wrote earlier is valid, if you lack race speed, you lack stamina, if you train TT, you cant go as fast as when you compete, that´s why many train with scooters to get the speed before racing, especially if you been out of competition for a while.

If not everything play 100% you can forget riding a good TT.

Which team and bike I rode? This sounds like a f... kindergarden.

Settle down Francis. I would love for a CN forum race some day just to quell the people posting things about how a race wasn't as good because of no attacks on the Nth Cat 1 climb or it wasn't long enough or hard enough, etc., but if you start referencing your own racing then well you'll have to support it or don't talk about it.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Settle down Francis. I would love for a CN forum race some day just to quell the people posting things about how a race wasn't as good because of no attacks on the Nth Cat 1 climb or it wasn't long enough or hard enough, etc., but if you start referencing your own racing then well you'll have to support it or don't talk about it.

How funny is that, I haven´t refernced to anything, how about reading the thread, people asked me a question, i answered, get over it, relax, its nothing to get excited about, its a public forum.
And calling people Francis is just...plain stupid.

Fidolix said:

No: this is plain stupid.

Fidolix is far from the only poster here to do this though. This is a forum for fans of the sport. The level at which one has participated, or the amount of money that one has paid on their equipment has no bearing on the validity of their opinions.

TRENDING THREADS