• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ENECO Tour Stage 2; TTT 18.9KM

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Stage 2; TTT 18.9 KM

The Route:

enecostage2.jpg

The Profile for the stage:

enecostage2profile.jpg

I couldn't fine the start order yet.

But the contenders:

Sky
Saxo
Rabobank
Omega-Pharma QuickStep
BMC
Vacansoleil
Lotto
RadioShack
Astana
Katusha
Garmin
Argos
Lampre
GreenEDGE
Liquigas
Movistar
Ag2R
Euskatel
FDJ
Toposport Vlaanderen - Mercator
Accent Jobs - Willems Veranda's

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Sky are a man down already with Loqkvist not starting the tour and Luke Rowe had a nasty crash in the first stage so may not figure for the TT. Therefore I am boldly predicting Sky to come dead last.

williamp78 said:
Sky are a man down already with Loqkvist not starting the tour and Luke Rowe had a nasty crash in the first stage so may not figure for the TT. Therefore I am boldly predicting Sky to come dead last.

Like the Hitch allready pointed out you forgot about Euskaltel, but if Sky still manages to lose then mad respect for your bold prediction :D
I give it 0% chance though.

Lapage is keen to put OGE and Kroupis into the leaders jersey. Hopefully he hasn't obtained any injuries from the crash, here is a quote from Lapage;

"Stage two is the team time trial, and we have a competitive group for the discipline. Our goal is to go for the top three on the stage. The three kilometer rule that states riders involved in a crash inside the final three kilometers will be given the same finishing time as riders from the group out of which they crashed. Thanks to this rule, we didn’t lost and any time today, and because of the four bonus seconds Aidis took, he is fourth overall, tied with Taylor Phinney (BMC) on time. I think we still have a chance for the jersey tomorrow."

"A crash inside the final two kilometers impacted the first third of the field. Aidis ended up on the tarmac. Fumy and Jens were caught behind riders on the ground. The crash prevented us from finishing up the work we did throughout the entire stage, but Aidis is okay."

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Leadbelly said:
Katusha to surprise again with a good placing. They've had a couple of nice TTT results this year, obviously been putting in a bit of work.

that's mostly because of their new equipment, it's very good appearantly

TRENDING THREADS