• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ENECO Tour Stage 2; TTT 18.9KM

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
TTT of saxo was really not good, maybe the wind has turned but I doubt it though.

It was terrible, it was obvious it didn´t "click", they didn´t go as a "unit", and Bertie was not to happy about the pace either. They have a week to get this right after Eneco, and they really need to.

But Bertie looks really sharp, - and hungry. Can´t wait till the Vuelta get started.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
And it is ok if the others are injured???? :confused:

Susan

Where did I imply that ? ...

I just hoped Phinney was okay with already all the crashes he had this season + plus he was in good shape for good GC or results here.

Obviously I don't want anyone hurt....

Then you should have said so. As you wrote it, it implied that as long as Phinney was ok, then it didn't matter what happened to the others.

Obviously my point wasn't clearly made.

It is not acceptable to laugh at crashes nor to indicate in any way that it is ok if someone is injured.

Susan

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Well enough of that off topic business, l
Results:

Stage 2 (team timetrial): Sittard - Sittard
ORICA-GREENEDGE 21:9.34
OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP .69
KATUSHA TEAM 2.7
RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM 4.41
LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE 16.7
RADIOSHACK-NISSAN 18.14
MOVISTAR TEAM 18.16
GARMIN-BARRACUDA 27.23
TEAM SAXO BANK 27.27
VACANSOLEIL-DCM 31.17
FDJ-BIG MAT 32.24
SKY PROCYCLING 36.23
ARGOS-SHIMANO 36.75
LAMPRE - ISD 44.2
AG2R LA MONDIALE 45.56
TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN - MERCATOR 46.9
LOTTO BELISOL TEAM 47.85
ASTANA PRO TEAM 55.23
ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDA'S 1:5.98
EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI 1:9.42
BMC RACING TEAM 1:1.33

GreenEDGE takes it, BMC below Euskatel... man things just keep getting worse for BMC, crash or not.

PS: Unnecessary but so very true!

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Then you should have said so. As you wrote it, it implied that as long as Phinney was ok, then it didn't matter what happened to the others.

Obviously my point wasn't clearly made.

It is not acceptable to laugh at crashes nor to indicate in any way that it is ok if someone is injured.

Susan

Good Lord! You owe Gloin22 an apology. Your reaction to this post:
Ouch, BMC....

Hope Phinney is alright at least.

is ridiculous. And now your "clarification" only makes you look more ridiculous. There was no way he was indicating it was OK that anyone was injured, so you are out of line here. He was merely expressing concern for Phinney. By your reasoning he should say something like "Gosh, I hope all 180 guys, including Taylor Phinney, are okay." Get over yourself.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Tom T. said:
Good Lord! You owe Gloin22 an apology. Your reaction to this post:

is ridiculous. And now your "clarification" only makes you look more ridiculous. There was no way he was indicating it was OK that anyone was injured, so you are out of line here. He was merely expressing concern for Phinney. By your reasoning he should say something like "Gosh, I hope all 180 guys, including Taylor Phinney, are okay." Get over yourself.

Actually, Susan's reaction makes perfectly sense when you know the kind of posts that were deleted.

TRENDING THREADS