• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enough Armchair Lance Bashing!

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

180mmCrank said:
It was me - TTF - you have to at least attempt to make a point - rather than simply insult the guy :)

Ok, show me where he attempts to make a real point. He is just trolling and I just responded and you know it. What point is there to make in a thread like this anyway? It is nothing but a depository for insult and trolling. Its not like "Enough Armchair Lance Bashing" is a science heavy topic.

Ok, I saw that you deleted some of his content, so fair is fair.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:
"Some Testicular Cancers" if you really are a surgeon (...deleted by 180mm...) My friend stick by what he told me and states that anyone could copy what you did from the Internet.

Resorting to abuse and shouting "no he didn't". Good argument and very mature for a 71 year old. I cannot see how I am being hateful or obnoxious. I just proved that you and your "friend" were wrong. How's that being hateful or obnoxious? I know it hurts when you are faced with the truth and you're just lashing out.

As someone that knows cancer and the diagnosis and monitoring for testicular cancer, I would not want your "friend" as my oncologist because he knows jack-$hit about the disease. I would rather be falsely accused of being obnoxious than kill my patients because of ignorance and stupidity. If you did some research rather than call a "friend" then you might actually learn something, but that is usually beyond the scope of any Lance lover because they would rather be told what to think and shout abuse when challenged rather than investigate and read, critically evaluate, and develop their own opinions based on this research from which they can argue rationally. Rational is not a word that comes to mind when describing your rebuttal or Lance chamois sniffing ways.

You Lance lovers really need to learn from BCP because your rebuttal was as lame as it comes. At least BCP has the sense not to answer a direct question, especially when he knows there is no reasonable answer that is not damaging to Lance in someway. Most of you chamois-sniffers are like kids in a playground who think the kid that shouts the loudest wins the argument. But then again when your hero behaves like a twittering 12 year old girl, I am not surprised by the level of maturity of most of his supporters, yourself included.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:
There are a lot more than you think, but most of them are like me who have better things to do with their time than waste it arguing with people like you who hate excellence and believe everyone who has achieved it is a cheat. I happened on to this forum and was so disgusted that I felt considerably better having told you what I thought of you. For your information and that of the new HA whose post you quoted, I am neither ignorant nor an American. I speak French reasonably well and do most of my cycling there. I believe LA has done more to create interest in cycling in the Anglophone world than anyone before or since. The spreading of half truths, innuendo, and outright falsehoods for profit by the likes of Walch and Ballester have not harmed him or his image, I doubt seriously if the rantings of you and your ilk will either. I also think there are a lot of people who like me, admire and respect him for what some consider character flaws. He fights back fiercely when attacked and does not take crap from pompous a**es.

You, sir, are definitely ignorant. You display your ignorance in the majority of your posts and have even admitted to it:

Oldnell said:
I was not in a position to authoritatively answer your specific question

In fact, your ignorance is so obvious that you babble on about half truths, lies and innuendos but, despite frequent challenges from me and other posters, you refuse to produce a list of these half truths, lies and innuendos. Your failure to do so implies you are either unable to do so or are too ignorant to be able to explain the deluge of answers you will receive to explain the half truths, lies and innuendos. Keep on shouting from the roof top my ignorant and deluded friend, some one may hear you and take pity.

Oldnell said:
"Some Testicular Cancers" if you really are a surgeon (...deleted by 180mm...) My friend stick by what he told me and states that anyone could copy what you did from the Internet.

To me it is very revealing that you shout from the rooftops, about ignorance and hate, yet you're the one who has had a post edited for abuse.

Examples of the half truths, lies etc please.

Drawing a line...

Ok I think this has run its course...there are lots of other places to talk about Lance... and this has become more about the posters than the topic.

As a general rule it's ok to challenge but not just throw insults at each other

There is a big race in Holland (Spain?) to talk about that is far more interesting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.