• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

perico said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHs5xtnStj/

Jungles is savage :lol:
Amazing that a guy of 23 can already be bald. He should just shave it all off.

Have you ever heard the legend of the Leipheimer?
Oh god, I had forgot Levi existed. The hate on this forum for him. :D

Will be interesting to see how he performs in Catalunya. He won't win that race, but he could potentially win Pais VascoI think.

Bad day for him but only his second outing of the season. Most other guys are already in their third or even fourth stage race of the year so I kind of expected that he may be a little behind their form. I had hoped for more but this is not a surprise if we are honest. He took a very slow approach to the year and that shows at the moment. But I don't mind if that results in better form come July. :)

Re:

Akuryo said:
Bad day for him but only his second outing of the season. Most other guys are already in their third or even fourth stage race of the year so I kind of expected that he may be a little behind their form. I had hoped for more but this is not a surprise if we are honest. He took a very slow approach to the year and that shows at the moment. But I don't mind if that results in better form come July. :)

I think he looked decent for this early in the season. Still building form. -- Probably a wise approach.

Re: Re:

JosephK said:
Akuryo said:

I think he looked decent for this early in the season. Still building form. -- Probably a wise approach.

Like I said. In general 13th place is not the goal but when we are comparing a guy in his second race with opponents who have more than double or even triple his days in the saddle then it's actually pretty good. He is not far off even though he simply can't have the form (yet). And yes, I also like this slow approach. No sense hitting on all cylinders in March when your main goal is the Tour.

I'm not concerned yet. He doesn't have his kick yet. I was happy he finished where he did, considering he was on the wrong end of the split with Valverde, but made it back up to the 2nd group with Pinot, Bardet, and Zakirin. Last year he didn't do anything in Catalunya either then Pais Vasco was his break out. Remember that The Great One never officially won the Volta either.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Pretty poor performance in a very weak Suisse field. But I guess he still has time for the TDF.
The problem is not Suisse.
The problem is that his level has been very consistent (ie nothing more than decent) throughout the whole season. It's a pity because with Froome and Dumoulin injured the race could be wide open.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Mas seems to be a diesel climber who is at his best when everyone is tired. Lets see if thats the case again in the Tour and he suddenly comes from nowhere in the last week. Otherwise, he looks very ordinary..
I think he can make a good jump in form quite quickly. Last year he went from 44th in Catalunya or something like that to 4th and a stage win in Pais Vasco 2 weeks later.

TRENDING THREADS