• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Mas seems to be a diesel climber who is at his best when everyone is tired. Lets see if thats the case again in the Tour and he suddenly comes from nowhere in the last week. Otherwise, he looks very ordinary..
I think he can make a good jump in form quite quickly. Last year he went from 44th in Catalunya or something like that to 4th and a stage win in Pais Vasco 2 weeks later.

I, too, am hoping for a jump in form for Enric in the TDF. It's not impossible. He underachieved a bit (relative to expectations) in the TDS, but he did throw in a couple attacks.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

JosephK said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Mas seems to be a diesel climber who is at his best when everyone is tired. Lets see if thats the case again in the Tour and he suddenly comes from nowhere in the last week. Otherwise, he looks very ordinary..
I think he can make a good jump in form quite quickly. Last year he went from 44th in Catalunya or something like that to 4th and a stage win in Pais Vasco 2 weeks later.

I, too, am hoping for a jump in form for Enric in the TDF. It's not impossible. He underachieved a bit (relative to expectations) in the TDS, but he did throw in a couple attacks.
What couple of attacks? I've seen one.

Kokoso said:
JosephK said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:

What couple of attacks? I've seen one.

The one yesterday and the one before the time trial. He tried twice (and failed twice).

I guess not having raced since April is a decent excuse for not being in great shape though I still would have hoped for more. I can still see him having a decent tour since his 2nd place at the vuelta also came pretty much out of nowhere but the big issue I see for him is that at this point it's hard to imagine he has improved since last year. That's just a bad sign for someone who is still just what? 24? If he is really the next Contador he shouldn't just repeat last years performance, he should be quite a bit better now and that does not seem to be the case

perico said:
He's been quite prominent on the front whenever the racing heats up. I've been impressed and think he should do quite well as long as he hasn't been too burned out helping defend the lead.

He had a great ride on this last stage just by not screwing up. Pulled almost two minutes on Pinot, Fuglsang, Porte, Uran.

TRENDING THREADS