• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Esteban Chaves Discussion Thread

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He's still in that group of about 10 riders sitting at 13secs on GC - would absolutely love to see him get a stint in yellow, even just for a day.

Maybe Mitchelton can figure out slipping the jersey to him the same way they did it from Gerrans to Impey - can't imagine many GC contenders feeling threatened by him taking 20secs one day

He's still in that group of about 10 riders sitting at 13secs on GC - would absolutely love to see him get a stint in yellow, even just for a day.

Maybe Mitchelton can figure out slipping the jersey to him the same way they did it from Gerrans to Impey - can't imagine many GC contenders feeling threatened by him taking 20secs one day

They can't do it in the same way, given that Impey at that time just had to finish four or five places in front of Gerrans.

Nobody will be gifting any time to any rider who was in the front group on Orcières-Merlette.

They can't do it in the same way, given that Impey at that time just had to finish four or five places in front of Gerrans.

Nobody will be gifting any time to any rider who was in the front group on Orcières-Merlette.

Yeah you're right, probably just wishful thinking on my behalf. More complicated than the Gerrans/Impey situation.

If Chaves were to attack with 1 or 2km to go though it'd give Yates a chance to sit on, and since he's not a top GC contender this year he might be able to pinch a little bit of time if Roglic, Bernal etc are more interested in marking each other, especially if top contenders don't want the jersey yet.

That's what I'd be trying if I were playing Pro Cycling Manager anyway :laughing:

TRENDING THREADS