• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

European Cycling Championships | Plouay (24-28 August)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Team car is still at the scene of Herregodts' crash, so Campenaerts has no clue if De Plus is still in his wheel.

And De Plus probably doesn't have a lot of air left to shout at him to wait...

Just out of curiosity - as you seem to be very angry with the Belgian lineup - who do you think Verbrugghe should have picked? He obviosly couldn't have picked Van Aert or Evenepoel - one for a better reason than the other.

And De Plus probably doesn't have a lot of air left to shout at him to wait...

Just out of curiosity - as you seem to be very angry with the Belgian lineup - who do you think Verbrugghe should have picked? He obviosly couldn't have picked Van Aert or Evenepoel - one for a better reason than the other.

Frison (he was backup for TDF though), Van Wilder, Vermeersch, Van Moer, my mom, my grandma...

Frison (he was backup for TDF though), Van Wilder, Vermeersch, Van Moer, my mom, my grandma...
To be fairly honest, Herregodts is an interesting talent. He has been flying under the radar, but is a proven gem in track cycling and showed some flares on the road too. As a first years U23 he was the equal of reigning world TT champion Bjerg in an important Dutch one day race, where the two of them did a duo attack and destroyed the bunch. Last year he already got the better of De Plus, who got a (questionable?) pro contract. He is already elite national champion track pursuit and a part of the Belgian squad. It's because of his medical studies and a long disease in the past, that people don't know him better yet.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because I know the lad, but he deserves a bit more credit. I hope he recovers well and will be able to show more in the future.

To be fairly honest, Herregodts is an interesting talent. He has been flying under the radar, but is a proven gem in track cycling and showed some flares on the road too. As a first years U23 he was the equal of reigning world TT champion Bjerg in an important Dutch one day race, where the two of them did a duo attack and destroyed the bunch. Last year he already got the better of De Plus, who got a (questionable?) pro contract. He is already elite national champion track pursuit and a part of the Belgian squad. It's because of his medical studies and a long disease in the past, that people don't know him better yet.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because I know the lad, but he deserves a bit more credit. I hope he recovers well and will be able to show more in the future.
Quite telling that De Plus had to let go after 7km while Herregodts wasn't showing any weakness (except not being able to take a corner).

Sure hope they had a fotofinish:
They did

EggiI00UcAEZzZR