• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

European Cycling Championships | Plouay (24-28 August)

Since I've seen these races discussed in a number of places around the forum, I decided to create a dedicated thread.
Today we've got the Junior, U23 and Elite ITT for both men and women. The elite races will be broadcasted on Eurosport.

Profile for all ITTs:

4020_2020.jpg

RR Calendar:

If anybody's got profiles and maps for the races please post them and I will add them to this first message.

Last edited:
It's the profile for all ITT's. That said, it's *** abysmal the youth categories have no coverage whatsoever. Not even a live ticker. Juniors barely get any coverage in normal circumstances, but due to this corona thing basically all races have been canceled all the way to the world championships, and the one race they'll be able to show themselves they get nothing.

Here's my predictions for both races:

Going through the startlist for tomorrow, I'd say something along the lines of:
  • * * * * *: Marco Brenner
  • * * * *: Lorenzo Milesi, Cian Uijtdebroeks
  • * * *: Eddy Le Huitouze, Juan Ayuso, Mathias Vacek
  • * *: Joonas Kuurits, Alec Segaert, Madis Mihkels, Igor Arrieta
  • *: Fabio Christen, Andrii Ponomar, Huub Artz, Pavel Bittner, Benjamin Marais

• * * * * *: Andreas Leknessund
  • * * * *: Stefan Bissegger, Jonathan Milan
  • * * *: Ilan Van Wilder, Thomas Pidcock, Florian Vermeersch
  • * *: Andrea Piccolo, Daan Hoole, Jakub Otruba, Marcus Wildauer
  • *: Ethan Vernon, Alexandre Balmer, Michel Hessmann, Miguel Heidemann, Jacob Ahlsson

My ''prediction''. Wanted to include Maciejuk and Leijnse as well, but the former seems to have only gotten worse, whereas Leijnse doesn't have any experience in the U23s.

Appalling reporting. I learned of Le Huitouze's 8th place earlier than I knew who won. Pathetic. Vacek is in super shape, been killing the Italian scene as of late. Miholjevic might be the stand out of today. Uijtdebroeks perhaps a little underwhelming, but he's only a first year riding his first major race. People will probably still go after him because a few idiotic ''journalists'' felt the need to compare him to Evenepoel.

Appalling reporting. I learned of Le Huitouze's 8th place earlier than I knew who won. Pathetic. Vacek is in super shape, been killing the Italian scene as of late. Miholjevic might be the stand out of today. Uijtdebroeks perhaps a little underwhelming, but he's only a first year riding his first major race. People will probably still go after him because a few idiotic ''journalists'' felt the need to compare him to Evenepoel.
Not a convincing day for either next-Evenepoels.

It was not just journalists, though, were it? I don't follow juniors, but was it not even someone from the team saying he did more impressing things than Evenepoel? I will never get why people say things like this. Why this desperate need to compare young athletes, but even more, why say so, even if it's what you think privately?

It was not just journalists, though, were it? I don't follow juniors, but was it not even someone from the team saying he did more impressing things than Evenepoel? I will never get why people say things like this. Why this desperate need to compare young athletes, but even more, why say so, even if it's what you think privately?
It was his team manager at Acrog, Jef Robert. That said, if I were the chief editor of the journalist in question, I would take that comparison out of the article immediately. But hey, clicks are way more important. You can ruin a career with this type of stuff. Uijtdebroeks is under pressure for every race he does now. Every time he doesn't win, which will happen a lot, people will question him in regards to ''being better than Evenepoel''.

It was his team manager who said it to Dutch press. Based on a TT test ride :blush:

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS