• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

MADRAZO said:
Both Gesink and Tolhoek selected for the Tour De France team. The team is starting to take Roglic GC chances seriously it seems.

And now Jansen. It looks like they are really trying to bulid a more mountain oriented team. I am just a bit worried what this is going to mean for the cobbles and the TTT... Not heaving Clement and Boom on the team... I don't know. I just hope they don't lose more than a minute in the TTT. They were 1:30 adrift with only five riders against Sky A-team in the Dauphine. Roglič will have to do some big turns. So I guess losing 1 minute would be reasonable. Hopefully...

Roosen, Jansen, Martens are also for Groenewegen ofc.

Still, should be able to do decently in the TTT. There dauphine squad was really the worst. No Kruijswijk and Roglic for instance. And sprinters like Groenewegen, Roosen can add a lot in TTT squads. They can limit the damage to 45 seconds i think

He'll have a monster Tour, I'm pretty confident of that. If he avoids crashes and misfortunes, I think he is set to be one of the best riders of this year's race. Not necessarily in terms of GC, but animating the race in different ways. I hope for a 2017 TDF Barguil like kind of impact. So Polka Dot Jersey with multiple stage wins and a GC top10.

The bike is also ready :cool:
36653618_2020559921347763_2612965039535030272_n.jpg

Re:

johnymax said:
He'll have a monster Tour, I'm pretty confident of that. If he avoids crashes and misfortunes, I think he is set to be one of the best riders of this year's race. Not necessarily in terms of GC, but animating the race in different ways. I hope for a 2017 TDF Barguil like kind of impact. So Polka Dot Jersey with multiple stage wins and a GC top10.

The bike is also ready :cool:
36653618_2020559921347763_2612965039535030272_n.jpg

Wow awesome design.

Got £5 each way on him at 22/1. Very confident he will flourish on the gravel roads and cobbles and his climbing has been superb this year. My biggest fear was getting injured or losing time early in a crash and resetting his goals to KOM and a mountain stage so am very relieved he has navigated safely through two hectic finales.

Starting too slow when you have a lot of the team times already known and with the team radios telling you the pace seems like a huge mistake, if that was really the tactics. But obviously they were never expected to be up there with BMC and Sky.

Survived the first week! Now let us see what he does when the real race begins. He said he will decide how his race will go after the cobbles. He is now 13th overall, completely in the mix with the other GC riders. Why not try if there is a chance.

He'll win the Tour, no doubt about it. He avoided (almost) all the crashes and bad luck so far. He was actually lucky a couple of times when he missed the splits but then came back also with the help of teammates and the riders from other teams. Now he is ready to strike :cool: He is maybe the only one who can match Froome on the climbs AND then beat him in the ITT. The question remains his recovery over three weeks but I'm not worried about it. Yeah, I was sceptical at first but now I'm pretty sure. He'll be in yellow in Paris :p

Re:

Salvarani said:
Hope he gets do his own race and not look after Kruijswik

He said before the Tour that he has all the freedom he wants in the team. But the others will work for Kruiswijsk (as long as he is in contention). It would be utterly stupid to send Roglič back to babysit Steven, especially seeing that Primož is both in better shape and in better overall position than Kruiswijk...

Primož is having a great race so far. You do a good result in the Tour by being consistent, by not spending energy when it is not needed. I think with the exception of the little attack today and the TTT his nose hasn't been in the wind yet, while some other GC contenders were constantly fighting for positions for long kilometers of those pesky flat stages.

I think tommorrow´s stage really suits him. Climbs are steep enough and not too long. Downhill is also good for him and his sprint is not that bad. But I am slightly worried about 12km+ long climbs. I think 11th and 12th stage will be too hard for him and he will lose time.