• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

SeriousSam said:
After approximately ten kilometres, I lost my computer and my bottle. I indicated to my sport director to pick my computer but I'm not sure if he understood what I was telling him. I also lost motivation and I decided to take it easy. But I was feeling fantastic uphill so I just pushed and pushed for the fun of it. I was really slow and unlucky at the beginning but very fast and lucky at the end because I only felt a drop or two while the riders after me got the pouring rain. This is strange, very strange.

r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

This guy will win the Giro someday. :p

Johnny: Thank god I didnt!! Monetas, baby. Love you Roggy.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
After approximately ten kilometres, I lost my computer and my bottle. I indicated to my sport director to pick my computer but I'm not sure if he understood what I was telling him. I also lost motivation and I decided to take it easy. But I was feeling fantastic uphill so I just pushed and pushed for the fun of it. I was really slow and unlucky at the beginning but very fast and lucky at the end because I only felt a drop or two while the riders after me got the pouring rain. This is strange, very strange.

Hes a bit of an enigma isnt he. I hope they allow him to go into breakaways, would be a shame to squander these legs playing babysitter for Kruijswijk.

Re:

SeriousSam said:

Probably most guys reaction after they saw who won.
But tbh what a transfer by Lotto-Jumbo, what a Giro so far!

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Bushman said:
The Jamie Vardy of cycling
I think that's pretty unfair. Vardy was always a footballer, but suddenly became a good one late on. Roglič didn't start cycling until very late so it's not surprising he's a late bloomer. And also, his performance this year isn't very surprising at all to those who followed his progress at Adria Mobil, quite a few of us were demanding he get to go to the WT and do the Giro during the 2015 season.

My comment wasnt made in pure seriousness, to be fair. I did actually follow Roglic closely last season (he first caught my eye in Settimana Coppi e Bartali when he was riding well in a solo break and I found his history intriguing and started following him from there on) so I know about his talent. I wasnt too surprised to see him on the WT stage (I had never thought it would be LottoNL though) and I was happy to see him perform well at Algarve already.

His tt prowess has been a revelation nonetheless. He rode very decently in Algarve and Tirreno but that was nothing compared to what he has shown in this Giro. If he could show his climbing legs later in the race as well it would be fantastic. I really want him to succeed and Im genuinely excited to see how far he can go.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

What?! :eek:

What a scary guy!

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The best is that he could easily go 20-30 seconds faster. At least. He made a lot of mistakes on his way. With some more experience in WT ranks he's going to be a true monster.

He's going to race Tour de Pologne and Rio afterwards.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Roglic is clearly making fast progress for himself, too, telling reporters after his Giro stage win on Sunday that he had never ridden more than 10 kilometres in an individual time trial before, at either professional or amateur level.

lol

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Roglic is clearly making fast progress for himself, too, telling reporters after his Giro stage win on Sunday that he had never ridden more than 10 kilometres in an individual time trial before, at either professional or amateur level.

lol

Coupled with the quote you posted earlier, I seriously can't believe it.... :D imagine him actually having motivation, riding on his own bike, not losing his bottle and SRM and riding his time trial bike a little more.

Either he had an extremely good day or he is just so insanely, freakishly talented. Let him prepare for next year and watch him go Uran Uran Uran Uran 2014 on them

Re:

Stelvio92 said:
Have you seen the pic on his blog with the borrowed MTB??!!

Haha I saw that.

"Thank you for the congratulations, and one more thing: the picture is taken few years back, when I started one of my first recreational climbs. In a way that is where my road started on a borrowed MTB and it is very good to see, what fascinating things life sets for you, if you are brave enough to take the road. I have better equipment now, that is sure!"

received_10153631841178579.jpeg

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Well, the Volta ao Algarve TT this year was 18km, but apart from that, it looks like he's correct, that's the only one longer than the 8,8km Tour de Slovénie TT from the last couple of years.
Do you think he's joined the ranks of the elite TTers for good, or do you expect the Giro performances to be a two time thing only?

Re: Re:

classicomano said:
SeriousSam said:

Hes a bit of an enigma isnt he. I hope they allow him to go into breakaways, would be a shame to squander these legs playing babysitter for Kruijswijk.

Definately put him the break upcoming week. He has a shot at winning a stage and the break gets reeled in he can still do some work for Steven.

TRENDING THREADS