• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Red Rick said:
I think Alaphilippe needs more than 20s and I don't see where he gets that. A lot probably depends on the TTT though

20, really? He has won TTs of that length before. I think he has a chance but Roglic will also be in for the bonus seconds so he may very well win. But we can't discount Alaphilippe beforehand (I'm not saying you're doing that).

20s is maybe too much but around 10-15s is what I expect Alaphilippe to lose to Rogla or Dumo in the ITT. He'll probably be up there fighting for the win, but D-QS needs to bring a strong squad for the TTT because Jumbo Visma will be strong.

Re:

dastott said:
With his descending, climbing, TTing and sprinting (and consistency) there are so many races this man could win. One of the most exciting riders in the peloton.

No doubt Roglic is an immense talent considering that he only got his first bike 6 years ago...Also he is built like a top rider (small compact and muscular), he is very fit , mastered the TT , can sprint uphill and can climb ..I have no doubt he will win a GT...(reminds me of a young LeMond ...natural talent)

However I would never ever call him exciting ...his personality like his racing is measured and controlled
Many on here are on the bandwagon and he is now the greatest things since sliced bread but wait till he wins alot and the same people will be moaning that he is not exciting

tobydawq said:
Red Rick said:
I think Alaphilippe needs more than 20s and I don't see where he gets that. A lot probably depends on the TTT though

20, really? He has won TTs of that length before. I think he has a chance but Roglic will also be in for the bonus seconds so he may very well win. But we can't discount Alaphilippe beforehand (I'm not saying you're doing that).
Lost 42 to Roglic in Itzulia over 19km last year, and that TT was earlier in the race too.

Re:

Carols said:
Someone needs to change the title of this thread. Primoz is making Landa look very common.

Exactly what I was about to write before I saw your comment. I can see Roglic winning multiple grand tours in the years to come. Landa promised but didn't really deliver. I think Roglic will deliver so comparing him to Landa is selling him short.

Re:

topcat said:
Landa is ahead as a GT rider. They're both 29. What happens this year in GTs is unpredictable.

Yeah but Primoz was ski jumping when Landa was riding GTs.

Landa has a 3rd and a 4th in 10 GTs. Primoz has a 4th in 3 GTs and that GT was the Tour. This year he should hopefully at least podium a GT :).

HelloDolly said:
dastott said:
With his descending, climbing, TTing and sprinting (and consistency) there are so many races this man could win. One of the most exciting riders in the peloton.

No doubt Roglic is an immense talent considering that he only got his first bike 6 years ago...Also he is built like a top rider (small compact and muscular), he is very fit , mastered the TT , can sprint uphill and can climb ..I have no doubt he will win a GT...(reminds me of a young LeMond ...natural talent)

However I would never ever call him exciting ...his personality like his racing is measured and controlled
Many on here are on the bandwagon and he is now the greatest things since sliced bread but wait till he wins alot and the same people will be moaning that he is not exciting

Todays stage is a prime example why your statement is wrong (the bold part). Today he had no business attacking like he did. Why? He is in prime position to win the overall, other riders need time on him, not the other way around. Moreover the stage didn't suit him at all, he had minimal chances to win. Yet he attacked and pushed hard for a couple of kms without looking back and with no rider giving him a change other than Lutsenko for couple hundred meters. Lets face it, from a tactical standpoint the attack was stupid. It had no sense. If he wanted to win the stage he should had preserved as much energy as possible and should had gone in the last km or so with a finisseur like attack. I think he lost a top3 place today and bonus seconds with his way of racing. But this is him. Primoz will attack plenty when he doesn't need to and that often makes the stage more interesting for us. He has done it in the past and will continue doing it in the future. I call this exciting racing, thus he is an exciting rider to watch.

johnymax said:
HelloDolly said:
dastott said:

Todays stage is a prime example why your statement is wrong (the bold part). Today he had no business attacking like he did. Why? He is in prime position to win the overall, other riders need time on him, not the other way around. Moreover the stage didn't suit him at all, he had minimal chances to win. Yet he attacked and pushed hard for a couple of kms without looking back and with no rider giving him a change other than Lutsenko for couple hundred meters. Lets face it, from a tactical standpoint the attack was stupid. It had no sense. If he wanted to win the stage he should had preserved as much energy as possible and should had gone in the last km or so with a finisseur like attack. I think he lost a top3 place today and bonus seconds with his way of racing. But this is him. Primoz will attack plenty when he doesn't need to and that often makes the stage more interesting for us. He has done it in the past and will continue doing it in the future. I call this exciting racing, thus he is an exciting rider to watch.

Contador used to attack just for the sake of attacking and people would get wet/hard over it. If someone else does it, it's stupid. He may be testing himself, he may be testing others, i'm sure if he felt bad he wouldn't have attacked and preserved his position.

Great ride today again by Primoz, it's now surely between him and Yates for the GC.

PS: He and his girlfriend just confirmed they're expecting a baby. :)

i4h54GF.png

Valv.Piti said:
HelloDolly said:
Sorry I stand by my assessment of Roglic not being exciting.

Prefer Nibali, Dumoulin,The Yates ,Pinot, and alot of the others
Lol what. Adam Yates more exciting tha Primoz is just, yeah, stupid...

Hmm, don't you think you're exaggerating the "Adam Yates is the least attacking rider in the world" a bit more than is necessary (and far more than what's true)?

TRENDING THREADS