• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As Roglič was able to cope with Dennis just fine, after Dennis caught Roglič. I somehow feel that Roglič and his coach thought, due to the length of the time trial, hardest part being at the end, Roglič just finishing Vuelta, best to not start full gas. Competition did just that and the race was basically lost, before reaching the first checkpoint. Not much could be done about it after. Roglič still has a few races in October, best to wait and see on how he will perform.

As Roglič managed to secure a GT win this season. In addition to a GT podium position. Likely he already is happy with the season as a whole. Therefore maybe motivation to achieve more is low, body for sure doesn't want any more.

I just came online to see how Roglič performed today.

"Roglic wins Giro dell'Emilia"
"It's Roglič's 12th win of 2019, and the first one-day race victory of his career."

Too bad i wasn't able to watch the race today. Still, i am excited Roglič managed to win again, not just pro but in addition an amazing cyclist!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Finally using his one day potential. I hope that he peaks for Liege, Tour and Tokio next year.
He has a really good sprint for a climber/time trialer. He also can finish attacks on his own and defend a lead with his TT-ability. Would be a travesty if he limits himself to only GTs and the occasional Lombardia start in the future.

He is getting more and more scary. Great time trialist, great one-week racer, great GT racer, fearless descender, good punch, decent sprint and now also a hilly classics rider.

Could add Liege and Lombardia to his palmarès. And perhaps give Alaphilippe a run for his money on the Mur if he attacks with 500m to go.

I watched the replay of Giro dell'Emilia. The team again did a great job and Roglič did the rest. Roglič said, after the race, something in the lines of, that he didn't fell the best, but as his team did such a good job, he felt obliged, to give his best. And that ended up being a remarkable performance. Just before the last lap started, he hinted, what he is after. And on the last climb, he was just on another level, compared to the competition.

It's great to see such levels of complementing each other, when it comes to Roglič and his team.

Wow just wow. Well he may not have figured if the strong group didn't go the wrong way, but he took advantage of the opportunity and took another one day semi classic. That trophy cabinet is getting full!
In the post race interview he says he wants his holidays and is just enjoying himself until they arrive. Didn't seem at all confident or hungry for Lombardia. Actually said he 'didn't care' o_O:eek:

Reactions: Lequack
Wow just wow. Well he may not have figured if the strong group didn't go the wrong way, but he took advantage of the opportunity and took another one day semi classic. That trophy cabinet is getting full!
In the post race interview he says he wants his holidays and is just enjoying himself until they arrive. Didn't seem at all confident or hungry for Lombardia. Actually said he 'didn't care'o_O:eek:

He's really said that but I'm pretty sure it was just wrong use of words. He probably meant that he is going there without pressure and he won't be disappointed if he doesn't win.

Anyway this was his 13th win of the season, 14th if you count the TTT. Amazing. Only his teammate Groenewegen has one win more and Sam Bennett has the same number. Both sprinters of course.

The best part he has done it in many different ways and terrain. Be it ITT, GC, MTF, reduced sprints, GT, one day races... What a beast he has become. I'm speechless:eek: I've never imagined he'd become this good. Wow.

He's really said that but I'm pretty sure it was just wrong use of words. He probably meant that he is going there without pressure and he won't be disappointed if he doesn't win.

Anyway this was his 13th win of the season, 14th if you count the TTT. Amazing. Only his teammate Groenewegen has one win more and Sam Bennett has the same number. Both sprinters of course.

The best part he has done it in many different ways and terrain. Be it ITT, GC, MTF, reduced sprints, GT, one day races... What a beast he has become. I'm speechless:eek: I've never imagined he'd become this good. Wow.

I agree, he speaks English quite well but sometimes he says the Oddest things. Like after winning the Vuelta he was asked how it felt and he said he'd already moved on. He was asked to what and he said he had to go to doping control and use the toilet!

Maybe he doesn't have a good grasp of the meaning sometimes OR maybe he's trying to lull the competition into not marking him closely. But that tactic won't work LOL.
Anyway he's had the best season of any cyclist this year no matter where he finishes in Lombardia!

I just came online to see how Roglič performed today.

"Roglic wins Giro dell'Emilia"
"It's Roglič's 12th win of 2019, and the first one-day race victory of his career."

Too bad i wasn't able to watch the race today. Still, i am excited Roglič managed to win again, not just pro but in addition an amazing cyclist!
Not sure he'd consider it a legit win when the group in front of him got led off course. Good ride but hardly a validation of form on it's own.

Not sure he'd consider it a legit win when the group in front of him got led off course. Good ride but hardly a validation of form on it's own.

That was Giro dell'Emilia race. Where Roglič has won fair and square. This one is new:

"Roglic wins Tre Valli Varesine"

With all the wins lately that indeed is hard to keep a track! Roglič admitted, he had a bit of luck, winning this one, but still, he had to do it in the end. And it looks like, we can add Roglič being a good sprinter, to the long list of things, he is good at. Season isn't over yet, but i feel that as for the season 2019, Roglič is the best pro cyclists overall. And i like the fact, he is enjoining this last races of the season. He is relaxed and enjoys every day he races.

Yes, an incredible season and I wonder if he is only going to get better - scary. He is becoming like Valverde except even better - at sprints, climbs, TT, descending, maintaining form all season. His only real letdown was being caught by Rohan Dennis in the Worlds TT. Peaking too early and fading slightly in the Giro not really a letdown.

TRENDING THREADS