• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 149 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
An ideal route for Primoz would be a 5th stage TT with 45 km, then a 60 km monster TTT in the third week, after two flat stages.

The problem is: I never saw a TTT after the first week (it would be unfair, bcause some teams would be low on riders at that point), but this would be theideal route for him.

It's only allowed to have a TTT in the first third of a race, presumably due to reason you mention.

65912392.jpg

There was a poll in local media. To select a best comment made by a fan. The overall winner was:

"Slovenians are the only ones that have Telemark on summer Olympics."

65911653.jpg

The whole event was watched by a lot of people. Record was broken on how much people watched the event online.

65912161.jpg

Golden bike was installed on trboveljski dimnik.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpDymGNQy_I

I like that bike, i.e. it's not garish or super bling.

As for Roglic, I watched the team presentation last night & he seemed happy to be in the Vuelta (a good sign). So if his injuries from the Tour are a distant memory & his form is there, this should be fun.

Seriously, after the stress and drama in basically all his races in the past 2 years I just really really need him to eat up the competition. Who cares about excitement. I want him to stomp everyone like Nibali in the Tour 2014 and win by 10 minutes. My cardiovascular system would appreciate a less stresful stage race after all this time...

Pre-race interview:

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83e1ll

Seriously, after the stress and drama in basically all his races in the past 2 years I just really really need him to eat up the competition. Who cares about excitement. I want him to stomp everyone like Nibali in the Tour 2014 and win by 10 minutes. My cardiovascular system would appreciate a less stresful stage race after all this time...

Amen to that. We've had 2 GT's this year without any suspense for the win (Giro & Tour), so I'd also be perfectly A-Okay with some total domination in the Vuelta (even just "comfortable", like in 2019).

But this is Roglic, i.e. I hope for the best but always expect a certain dose of sh*t to happen in some form or another. I have my fingers crossed, as always.

"Sepp Kuss and Steven Kruijswijk will be afforded a free role"

I disagree with that decision! Crushweak okay if he can be a factor and give them another card to play. But Kuss at best can win a stage and IMO they should wait until Primoz has a healthy lead before turning him lose. Or let Primoz tell him he's good and he can go for himself on the day.

Reactions: 18-Valve. (pithy)
"Sepp Kuss and Steven Kruijswijk will be afforded a free role"

I disagree with that decision! Crushweak okay if he can be a factor and give them another card to play. But Kuss at best can win a stage and IMO they should wait until Primoz has a healthy lead before turning him lose. Or let Primoz tell him he's good and he can go for himself on the day.
That’s why I thought this year’s TDF results were bad for TJV long term. What they appear to have learnt from their messup is that their approach in TDF was the correct one when in fact, they just got lucky and had Wout. Even after it was clear Vingegaard had a chance for the podium, they still did not allocate their resources to supporting him. Kuss was free and Kruijswijk did not turn a pedal once for Jonas. They will carry on with their shenanigans (credit to Mr. Horner) but they may not be as lucky next time and they will never ever win TDF this way…

That’s why I thought this year’s TDF results were bad for TJV long term. What they appear to have learnt from their messup is that their approach in TDF was the correct one when in fact, they just got lucky and had Wout. Even after it was clear Vingegaard had a chance for the podium, they still did not allocate their resources to supporting him. Kuss was free and Kruijswijk did not turn a pedal once for Jonas. They will carry on with their shenanigans (credit to Mr. Horner) but they may not be as lucky next time and they will never ever win TDF this way…

Totally agree with Bolded.

Someone needs to remind me the last time Kruijswijk turned a pedal for anyone but himself. My memory isn't that good :).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts