• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 190 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wonder when Rogla will mention his own trophy cabinet to Nibali
Well he has an LBL and Olympic Gold I'm sure would make Nibali jealous :). But otherwise Vincenzo's cabinet contains quite a few thropies Primoz has yet to collect that are top shelf.

Primoz has time, though his career has been much shorter. But he's already 32 (?). Only a few prime years left to do collecting. Damn I wish Pogi wasn't so strong!

Well he has an LBL and Olympic Gold I'm sure would make Nibali jealous :). But otherwise Vincenzo's cabinet contains quite a few thropies Primoz has yet to collect that are top shelf.

Primoz has time, though his career has been much shorter. But he's already 32 (?). Only a few prime years left to do collecting. Damn I wish Pogi wasn't so strong!
He will be 32 on 29 October 2021

• Sad
Reactions: Carols
So maybe 3 more good years before the decline starts.
-Vincenzo was 34 when he last was strong enough for victory in a GT. But started cycling as a young kid and turned pro age 20 and won his first GT at 25.
-Froome last won at 33 but probably would have been strong enough to win the tour at 34 if he didn't crash.
-Contador was around 32/33 when he stopped being able to win GTs
-Porte had his best GT result, 3rd in TDF, at 35.
-Purito almost won the Vuelta at 36 and was strongest at 33/34
-Woods will be 35 tomorrow and is as strong as ever, but he will not really ever contest a GT
-Fuglsangg was strongest at 34/35

So I give him yes 3 seasons probably. But of course the kids are so much stronger than 5-10 years ago.

801d0206b48c5220d830_62609745.jpg

See you next season!

I think the problem for him in SB are the descents in sterrato and the fight for position to take the most important sectors at the front. The uphill sectors of sterrato should suit him, but I fear he'd come to the main sectors with not enough energy left in the tank to compete with the best.

Also...he has unfinished business with Paris-Nice and if he wants to ride the French race I doubt he'll ride Strade the day before.

But you never know with him. I thought he had no chance in olympics ITT and he won gold so...

Hey guys, one thing I noticed some time ago, and about which I never heard someone speak, is that Primoz reminds me so much of Denis Menchov...

So maybe Primoz is the new Rominger, but certainly also the new Menchov... Well, Menchov actually was a pure GT GC rider, and never liked the one day races very much. But he looked like Primoz, joked like Primoz, was calm like Primoz, and rode for Rabobank (now JV)!...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Carols and Red Rick
Hey guys, one thing I noticed some time ago, and about which I never heard someone speak, is that Primoz reminds me so much of Denis Menchov...

So maybe Primoz is the new Rominger, but certainly also the new Menchov... Well, Menchov actually was a pure GT GC rider, and never liked the one day races very much. But he looked like Primoz, joked like Primoz, was calm like Primoz, and rode for Rabobank (now JV)!...
Menchov 2.0

I don't see it - Primoz hasn't crashed going uphill.

TRENDING THREADS