• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 196 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@bNator

Your evidence or better claim didn't went against my claim at all. That is if plan A was not to get dropped, not to take yellow and to finish it off on TT. Then Roglič beating Pogačar on one stage and Pogačar not feeling happy about it doesn't prove my claim is wrong. As the plan all along was for Pogačar to not get dropped. As then all hopes for winning overall would be lost. And on that stage yellow was more or less out of reach too. Unless Roglič would get dropped. In that case obviously plan A would bare fruit before TT. Still ongoing plan A. What you have seen on that stage was a battle for some prestige.

All in all i am OK if people look at it from different angles and point of views and made their own conclusions. Fifty years from now this will still get mentioned. Obviously there are more layers involved.

My personal view on it is (bad) luck was of much less factor. Compared to pre-race made decisions. On how the race will be approached. Like the time we discussed Basque and my (not so popular opinion) was JV did it intentionally. It's OK if other people don't see it like that. It would be rather boring anyway. If we would all watch the same race and see it eye to eye. Why the heck would we want to do that regarding sports. Even VAR gets it wrong from time to time. If VAR gets it, on what it is all about, then so should we.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Slang or slur?

P.S. Taking the piss is a rather natural thing that we often do. Still no special need to mention it while people eat. I went to the loo usually works just fine. But don't forget to wash your hands after.

Taking the piss is slang, and not anything do with actually peeing.

This link gives the meaning/s with a bunch of different scenarios where it might be used:

An alternate slang phrase could be "taking the mickey":
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taking the mickey
(a way of saying the same thing without using the word 'piss' but it's not used as much nowadays).

Reactions: RedheadDane
@bNator

Your evidence or better claim didn't went against my claim at all. That is if plan A was not to get dropped, not to take yellow and to finish it off on TT. Then Roglič beating Pogačar on one stage and Pogačar not feeling happy about it doesn't prove my claim is wrong. As the plan all along was for Pogačar to not get dropped. As then all hopes for winning overall would be lost. And on that stage yellow was more or less out of reach too. Unless Roglič would get dropped. In that case obviously plan A would bare fruit before TT. Still ongoing plan A. What you have seen on that stage was a battle for some prestige.
I don’t think so. I think what I saw was battle to win TDF. As was Colombier stage. I do not think plan A was to wait for TT to take yellow and it definatey wasn’t plan A to get to final TT a minute behind Roglič.

Actually, to be honest - I don’t know what plan A was… But if that really was plan A, then that was a very bad plan A and they were lucky to get away with it…

What I can agree with you is that plan A may have involved not taking yellow too early, but at that final week it was race as hard as you can and drop Primož by all means. That’s my opinion of course, and I think Tadej’s way of racing does support it to a certain extent.

• Haha
Newlyweds on honeymoon, location unknown, but looks nice

FCkbEl8WQAMqg0-

I think he looks ok. Ok, as far as a world class professional cyclist is concerned. Imagine how skinny other GC riders would look. You often hear people on this forum say how Primož looks like a bodybuilder on the bike compared to other climbers. It makes you think, how skinny pro cyclists really are.
Yeah, it’s discomforting to see the GC guys with their shirts off, especially by the end of a grand tour. They could go trick-or-treating without any additional costume and be scary!

TRENDING THREADS