• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 207 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alaphilippe and Roglic have handsome faces without moustache. Maybe they grow moustaches to look terrible, to not go to the discotheque, not go partying. David Millar once explained he cut away all his hair, to look ugly. So he didn‘t have to go partying, and could concentrate on his training. :)

However, if you have nice hair, you'll simply be dragged to the parties, nothing you can do about it!

I don’t know… Those guys have one GT each, which means they would have to make less than one third of what Roglic makes during the course of their entire careers. And Roglic is probably not finished winning GTs, so his ratio will only get worse. The more he wins the cheaper he is:)
Cunego with a GT and three monuments probably stand out in that, he has ridden for almost a decade with Lampre that before Saronni found the sheiks was constantly the lowest budget team in the WT, I doubt he has earned more than half a million per season and 4/5M in total.

So 4 more years of Primoz's prime, right? He's not going anywhere and will be in top shape for a long time. GT future doesn't look bright if you are not RogPog.

I'm really interested to see how long a rider who has been starting off late can remain in his prime. Could give an indication how much "mileage" (mental+physical) does to cycling performance.
Although it is the smallest possible sample size and he might be sharing some genes with Valverde and just lost on on those early to mid twenties.

Cunego with a GT and three monuments probably stand out in that, he has ridden for almost a decade with Lampre that before Saronni found the sheiks was constantly the lowest budget team in the WT, I doubt he has earned more than half a million per season and 4/5M in total.
Back in 2007 Cunego apparently earned 1.3M per season, a really big salary for the time and 2 years later he was still earning 800k a year. For a long amount of time Cunego earned decent money, being one of the few Italian stars of that era who didn't have to stop for some time because of Clinic stuff and being a big Italian name on an Italian team helped.

Back in 2007 Cunego apparently earned 1.3M per season, a really big salary for the time and 2 years later he was still earning 800k a year. For a long amount of time Cunego earned decent money, being one of the few Italian stars of that era who didn't have to stop for some time because of Clinic stuff and being a big Italian name on an Italian team helped.
He was also a one future Tour de France winner/Armstrong successor once. And a great one day racer.

Like even if you're looking for an overachieving single GT winner, Cunego is a pretty poor candidate.

I think it can almost only be Cobo, Hesjedal or Horner.

TRENDING THREADS