• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 209 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He will do just fine. His skin is like lycra already anyway. The thing i wonder the most is if he wins Tour 2022 should he do Vuelta 2022. My mind says no but the heart says yes.

Hard decisions.

It's a dream scenario though, right? i.e. winning the Tour would be the pinnacle of his career & he'd be able to take a step back & ask himself what he wants next. But IMO only doing one grand tour would be a waste of his peak years, so win or lose the Tour, I'd expect a Vuelta challenge for number 4.

Reactions: CyclistAbi
It's a dream scenario though, right? i.e. winning the Tour would be the pinnacle of his career & he'd be able to take a step back & ask himself what he wants next. But IMO only doing one grand tour would be a waste of his peak years, so win or lose the Tour, I'd expect a Vuelta challenge for number 4.

To be honest i don't know. All in all best to win the Tour first and to decide the rest after. Based on the form and momentum.

If I was Roglić and won the this year's Tour I would skip the Vuelta and target the Worlds and Il Lombardia as this could be one of his last chances in these events and then next year try a second winning attempt at the Giro followed by the Tour or the Vuelta depending how he felt afterwards

Last edited:
Can hardly predict how it would be if he won the Tour and how he'd feel if it happened. Maybe he just likes to race it anyway.

Based on his path i would say that he is now mature enough to embrace it as a Tour champion should. And likely to hang his Olympic ITT medal on Tour de France trophy.

P.S. Roglič being Roglič likely to focus on future races in a couple of days after.

• Love
Reactions: Carols
If I was Roglić and won the this year's Tour I would skip the Vuelta and target the Worlds and Il Lombardia as this could be one of his last chances in these events and then next year try a second winning attempt at the Giro followed by the Tour or the Vuelta depending how he felt afterwards

I agree about the first part. Still as for doing Giro in 2023. Likely he would do Tour in 2023 and skip the Giro. Personally i would like to see Roglič giving Giro-Tour double a try once. We'll see.

Hopefully they are all healthy and for now Paris-Nice 2022 it is!

Updated Rogla's schedule for 2022:

26.2.: Ardèche
27.2.: Drôme
6.–13. 3.: Paris–Nice
19. 3.: Milano–San Remo
4.–9. 4.: Itzulia
20.4.: Fleche Wallonne
24.4.: Liege–Bastogne–Liege
5.-12. 6.: Criterium du Dauphine
1.–24. 7.: Tour de France
18. 8.-11. 9.: Vuelta a Espana

So two one day preparation races added before P-N to start the season and Dauphine before the Tour.

FJ3bbyLXEAE3pBq

While watching the video i couldn't believe it at first. I needed to check and indeed Primož was a ski jumper in the past.

Who would have known that.

Great video and another thing to commend JV for. If they will win or lose the Tour. There will still be a great documentary made about it. They are so strong in this area. As it should be.

As for Primož there is one thing i really don't get. Why is he in Giro form? For Ardèche?

Reactions: Sandisfan
While watching the video i couldn't believe it at first. I needed to check and indeed Primož was a ski jumper in the past.

Who would have known that.

Great video and another thing to commend JV for. If they will win or lose the Tour. There will still be a great documentary made about it. They are so strong in this area. As it should be.

As for Primož there is one thing i really don't get. Why is he in Giro form? For Ardèche?

LMAO!!!!

Probably ski-jumping competition in Beijing - he's too thin even for a cyclist. Or maybe cross-country 50 km: he would excel in those long distance events.
When I about it that way, it’s a surprise that with his power/engine some coach back then didn’t nudge him toward doing Nordic combined. I guess they didn’t think there was a need do aerobic testing of their ski jumpers. Surely his “numbers” would have popped out as noticeable had they done so?

Reactions: Carols and tobydawq
When I about it that way, it’s a surprise that with his power/engine some coach back then didn’t nudge him toward doing Nordic combined. I guess they didn’t think there was a need do aerobic testing of their ski jumpers. Surely his “numbers” would have popped out as noticeable had they done so?

Yeah, that's strange. It's quite common that ski-jumpers and runners start with Nordic combined and then choose what suits them better. When it comes to Roglic it wasn't the case, it seems. His big physical talent would have been noticed in cross country.

TRENDING THREADS