• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 226 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So went from muscle strain behind knee to "knee pain." That's not good at all.

Honestly, though, it would be fine if he didn't race again until the Dauphine. That's only 6 weeks, and throw in an altitude camp before that and he should be ready for the Tour.

All this talk about the Tour not being his Moby ***...sorry, it is, and should be. He's got 2-3 years max left at top level, and winning a Tour would cement his place among the best stage racers of his generation. 3 Vueltas are great, even amazing, but adding a Tour would do justice to his talent and evident work ethic. It would really be a shame if he retired without a Tour win, IMO.

I agree. Dauphine and Tour. The rest is irrelevant if he is injured, he won't win them anyway. Heal First!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
All this talk about the Tour not being his Moby ***...sorry, it is, and should be.

Tour will come and likely more than one. The debate was more in the direction if there is anything beyond the Tour. On why doesn't he only do the Tour. Now personally i don't feel Roglič would trade everything else for one Tour.

Fleche is Fleche with or without Rog.

It just wouldn't be the same.

I'm sorry for unclear instructions. Rog, take care of yourself. Peak for July like a proper July fan, beat Poggers, proceed to also win Vuelta, then you can Vamos a la Playa and drink many cervezas if you want.

July headlines: "Intense days for Roglic: first he climbed the highest peak in France then he punched Pogacar when watching the Tour on a roadside"
Roglic: "According to my guru, these versatile preparations for Vuelta will pay off!"

It looks like no La Flèche Wallonne or Liège-Bastogne-Liège in 2022. Get well Primož and hopefully you will be healthy and in good shape for Critérium du Dauphiné. Or if needed to skip that too and prepare and go straight to the Tour de France. Personally i feel that a good performance at Critérium du Dauphiné could be beneficial regarding the Tour. Obviously if health issues would take more time and would interfere with the optimal preparation. Then to skip it.

P.S. Just seen that @acm already posted this info.

Last edited:
I'm so sad. I really wanted to see him have another go at Fleche. Before the season he said that last season he was surprised Ala passed him before the finish line. He said he won't let it happen again this year. I was ready for a good old fashion stomp on the Mur the Huy. Oh well...obviously to heal the injury is more important. Hopefully he'll be ready for the Tour.

I'm so sad. I really wanted to see him have another go at Fleche. Before the season he said that last season he was surprised Ala passed him before the finish line. He said he won't let it happen again this year. I was ready for a good old fashion stomp on the Mur the Huy. Oh well...obviously to heal the injury is more important. Hopefully he'll be ready for the Tour.
+1
I was really looking forward to Fleche...

What type of injury? I haven't read anywhere what exactly is wrong with his knee, just speculations.

He said in an interview for Slovenian media he felt pain in a muscle behind his knee. In an interview after Itzulia. I don't know if any other information beyond that was shared. Now if we take just this information and guess a bit. Muscle injuries in this area can in general take from one to three weeks or from one to three months to heal properly. Depending on how serious the injury was. In any case i feel that it's a good thing to skip this two races in April and hopefully after some time off the bike for the problem to resolve itself. Likely this involves no or only some light training in May.

TRENDING THREADS