• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 227 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He said in an interview for Slovenian media he felt pain in a muscle behind his knee. In an interview after Itzulia. I don't know if any other information beyond that was shared. Now if we take just this information and guess a bit. Muscle injuries in this area can in general take from one to three weeks or from one to three months to heal properly. Depending on how serious the injury was. In any case i feel that it's a good thing to skip this two races in April and hopefully after some time off the bike for the problem to resolve itself. Likely this involves no or only some light training in May.

In L'Equipe, according to their article he seems healed after one week of treatment but Jumbo's staff prefer to let him rest before going to an altitude camp in Sierra Nevada on April 25th: Wout Van Aert disputera Liège-Bastogne-Liège mais pas Primoz Roglic - L'Équipe (lequipe.fr)

Roglic se remet d'une douleur au genou
Son coéquipier Primoz Roglic, qui devait prendre le départ de la Flèche wallonne mercredi, puis de Liège-Bastogne-Liège dimanche, doit en revanche renoncer. Gêné sur la fin du Tour du Pays basque (4-9 avril) par une douleur musculaire derrière un genou, il semble rétabli après une semaine de soins mais le staff de Jumbo-Visma préfère le laisser au repos avant un stage en altitude, en Sierra Nevada, à partir du 25 avril.

Based on previous years, that Sierra Nevada altitude training in May usually precedes going to Tignes (although doing the Dauphiné might shake things up a bit).

So we can hope it's not too bad.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The withdrawal could be a precaution indeed. They don't want to make the same mistake as in Basque Country and jeopardize his Tour preparation. Healthy Primoz is needed to make July more exciting - otherwise we could be in for another demolition (Le Grand Bornand and the first week were great but the remaining 2 weeks of the race not so much).

Back when he was still riding in a continental team, wearing flip flops and with two bananas in the pocket

FQU2H4KWYAoY9Hq

Back when he was still riding in a continental team, wearing flip flops and with two bananas in the pocket

FQU2H4KWYAoY9Hq

He didn't get far. Such a shame. He was a real talent but just couldn't make that next step into WT racing. Jumbo Visma (back then Lotto-something) was gambling when they took him, but unfortunately the risk didn't pay out.

He said in an interview for Slovenian media he felt pain in a muscle behind his knee. In an interview after Itzulia. I don't know if any other information beyond that was shared. Now if we take just this information and guess a bit. Muscle injuries in this area can in general take from one to three weeks or from one to three months to heal properly. Depending on how serious the injury was. In any case i feel that it's a good thing to skip this two races in April and hopefully after some time off the bike for the problem to resolve itself. Likely this involves no or only some light training in May.
Thanks :) Well he's definitely not off bike, he was spotted last week in Slovenia a few times. And it seems he's working with his masseur, who helped him at the Olympics.

After today's race I'm even more disappointed that he's injured and couldn't race.
Btw, Grischa said for slovenian media that Roglic is still not 100%, but he's getting better and it's nothing to worry about. He'll skip LBL, but they have bigger goals later in the season.
Roglic sacrificed the Ardennes to stop Remco from winning a WT stage.

Confirmation Pog is barely relevant

Merijn Zeeman with a small update on Rog's condition: Merijn Zeeman: ‘We’d love to have Dylan van Baarle’ at Jumbo-Visma - VeloNews.com

While Jumbo-Visma continues to build for the long-term, the team’s short-term goals for 2022 revolve around the Tour de France. Primož Roglič missed the Ardennes with a knee injury but the Slovenian will be back to racing at the Dauphine in June.

“I think that it’s going in the right direction but he needs some time for that,” said Zeeman. “He’s training and he is being strictly monitored by the training staff to make sure that he’s doing the right thing.

“He’s not yet at 100 percent but he’s working on it. I don’t think he’s lost any time at all because he was already in a recovery period and during that time he would normally be on holiday. He’s back in training so he’s not missed anything but we have to make sure that the injury is completely gone. We’re cautious because we don’t want the injury to come back.”

Hard to tell what this injury really means…

On one side, I think Jumbo will rely on the best experts, who will monitor Primoz closely. Furthermore, it could be an injury which can be solved. They could find out what it is, and get him permanently healthy again.

On the other side, it could be an injury which will stay with him, and influence his whole further career. So, could be better, sometimes, and worse, sometimes.

I hope the problem will be 100% solved, and that it won‘t play any role in future.

Bob Jungels is a recent example of a rider whose career was massively damaged by a leg problem which was much more dramatic than they thought at first… :(

Dumoulin too
Hard to tell what this injury really means…

On one side, I think Jumbo will rely on the best experts, who will monitor Primoz closely. Furthermore, it could be an injury which can be solved. They could find out what it is, and get him permanently healthy again.

On the other side, it could be an injury which will stay with him, and influence his whole further career. So, could be better, sometimes, and worse, sometimes.

I hope the problem will be 100% solved, and that it won‘t play any role in future.

Bob Jungels is a recent example of a rider whose career was massively damaged by a leg problem which was much more dramatic than they thought at first… :(

That's what I was thinking, although this seems, on the face of it, to be less serious. Dumoulin's issues were aggravated (or caused by) some kind of gravel or debris that apparently embedded in his knee.
That’s was probably very irritating. It took 4 months for the plastic from my earbuds to come back out of my ear after accidentally getting sutured.

That’s was probably very irritating. It took 4 months for the plastic from my earbuds to come back out of my ear after accidentally getting sutured.
And to elaborate more irritating in that something is wrong but you don’t know what and can’t fix it. Like I would have my ear hurt if it was touched or moved then was always irritated laying on that side. So now imagine not even riding the bike but walking, laying, or sitting.