• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 290 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Let's get this party started!

I’m pretty sure Roglic will win. Remco and Hindley are the other top two. Doubt anyone one else will win
You think Billy Carapaz has no chance? I think Hindley is actually the favorite, now that he has confidence in his ability, but I could see a Giro rematch with those two.

I don't get a good feeling about Roglic right now. But he certainly knows how to win this race.

Remco...I just don't see him being in contention day in/day out for 3 weeks but happy to be surprised if he top 5 finishes or better.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Now this story about two broken vertebrae appears a bit weird…

Can you break two vertebrae at the beginning of July, and still start to win a three week bike race from mid August on? Isn‘t this too early?

Is his Vuelta start unhealthy or even dangerous? Wouldn‘t it have been better to skip the Vuelta?

Or were the vertebrae not even fractured? I don‘t know what to believe. I hope everything works well now.

Speeding with 60 km/h in a TTT through Utrecht, possibly in the rain, is never the safest thing. Five weeks after a back fracture - I don‘t know if it is smart. Time will tell.

The next questionmark is his shape. Normally, after these last five weeks, he might have no chance against these strong opponents who‘ve had a perfect preparation. Maybe Primoz shall just get one full GT in 2022 into his legs, maybe that‘s the plan?…

Now this story about two broken vertebrae appears a bit weird…

Can you break two vertebrae at the beginning of July, and still start to win a three week bike race from mid August on? Isn‘t this too early?

Is his Vuelta start unhealthy or even dangerous? Wouldn‘t it have been better to skip the Vuelta?

Or were the vertebrae not even fractured? I don‘t know what to believe. I hope everything works well now.

Speeding with 60 km/h in a TTT through Utrecht, possibly in the rain, is never the safest thing. Five weeks after a back fracture - I don‘t know if it is smart. Time will tell.

The next questionmark is his shape. Normally, after these last five weeks, he might have no chance against these strong opponents who‘ve had a perfect preparation. Maybe Primoz shall just get one full GT in 2022 into his legs, maybe that‘s the plan?…
Vertebrae don't really break into pieces they often have a small crack in them. It's not unheard of to be back in action quite quickly after a break if it's small.

You think Billy Carapaz has no chance? I think Hindley is actually the favorite, now that he has confidence in his ability, but I could see a Giro rematch with those two.

I don't get a good feeling about Roglic right now. But he certainly knows how to win this race.

Remco...I just don't see him being in contention day in/day out for 3 weeks but happy to be surprised if he top 5 finishes or better.
Not no chance by any means, but the only GT he has won he was somewhat allowed to win because he was underestimated. I don't think he's taken that leap to the top that some expected. Well off of Hindley this year in the Giro once Hindley dropped the hammer. Well off of Vingo and Pogi last year in the Tour. Plus he's leaving Ineos right? Or did I make that up? I like the guy, so I will not be disappointed if he wins. It was probably unfair to put him below Remco, but I think Remco has a higher ceiling (and a lower floor). I see it as:

1. Roglic
  2. Hindley

1. Remco (although won't be surprised if finished outside the top 10 either)
  2. Carapaz

5. Mas et al

TRENDING THREADS