• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 384 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We shouldn't get carried away. This is only the beginning of the season. For now we can be happy things are such that Roglič is winning and being happy again. Just what he needs.

Remco did everything in his power to came to this race prepared. And so far he has show much. That is something to commend. The field is pushing Roglič to be at his best. But in the end Roglič must focus on himself.

For now that comes down to defending on this race. But i could see Roglič starting to take some initiative in the days to come. That is if the competition will allow for that. A good 30s lead in GC at the end of the race would be a good sign for Giro. But no need to force that at all costs. Winning GC and maybe to take a stage win or two more. That would be plenty.

We'll see.

You seem to be pretty obsessed with this. If Roglic happens to win the Giro after maybe being slightly underrated, all the sweeter, right? Roglic is doing surprisingly well, so far. He's really far ahead of schedule. Let the Evenepoel fans keep underrating him.

There is however the risk that he hasn't been able to build up a solid enough base for the Giro. He hasn't had a normal winter, which could come back to hurt him in May.
Remco fans are obsessed. I'm just tired of constantly read their gloating if's and when's.

Personally i am proud of Rogla as he was prepared to sacrifice his stomp for achieving the greater goal. As throwing in half a bike of an advantage is in the end more then enough. That should keep him fresh at the end of his second GT. Shows just how open minded he is and on how he is prepared to adapt to the circumstances.

As for the Catalunya. After initial pressure from Remco i feel that Rogla might throw in a jab or two in stages to come. Stage three is a nice candidate
but not at all costs. We'll see.

Personally i am proud of Rogla as he was prepared to sacrifice his stomp for achieving the greater goal. As throwing in half a bike of an advantage is in the end more then enough. That should keep him fresh at the end of his second GT. Shows just how open minded he is and on how he is prepared to adapt to the circumstances.

As for the Catalunya. After initial pressure from Remco i feel that Rogla might throw in a jab or two in stages to come. Stage three is a nice candidate
but not at all costs. We'll see.
Remco won this sprint but nothing definitive separating the two....maybe now 3 riders. Hard for fanboys of any stripe to have a strong case for dominance.

Reactions: Carols and jmdirt
Great ride today. Remco looked fantastic too, but I'm confident if a situation like this happens in the Giro, Rogla stomps him 9 times out of 10. He is on the right track.

It's the ultimate mind game, i.e. let Remco Evenepoel believe he can drop him after pulling in front so he'll repeat the same tactic in the Giro... then BAM, Roglstomp.

I'll delete this post before anyone at Quick-Step realizes what happened today.

Rog admitting he didn't have the legs in the end.

Still he's very happy where he's now.

TRENDING THREADS