• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Exhausted Wiggins now knows he can win the Tour

53 x 11 said:
Chillax........Troll

Old man! Don't you understand? I am the future.

Contador_Armstrong_.jpg

He doesn't actually say that he knows he can win the tour only that he must go out to try and win. He also says Contador was a step above him but from what I saw A Shleck is also a grade better but maybe that was a journalist slip-up rather than his. I agree with him that British road cycling maybe on the cusp of hitting the big time, this years tour was our best yet and Cav and Wigglet will be just as strong next year.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i think he posted in the transfers thread , not your fault kinda hard to detect that kinda post

----

on the topic itself, I predict wiggo will never win the tour. He might podium one day, but i'm not so sure he will ever better his 4th place

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
on the topic itself, I predict wiggo will never win the tour. He might podium one day, but i'm not so sure he will ever better his 4th place

I disagree. This was his first year focusing on the GC and he hadn't even checked out the mountain stages like all the other GC contenders. He will have learnt so much from this experience and will be much better next year. He could easily be second.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I think a lot depends on the course, particularly the number of mountain top finishes or limited flat after the final descent v. TT or TTT miles. That being said he was easily the highlight of the Tour.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
So why post again? No replies my guess. Because you're boring.

Don't waste my time. My post stands as the best one.

Ha ha, you now look a fool.

I posted it again because it was at the end of a thread that was a different topic. Not everyone will have seen what is quite a nice little interview.

Try to watch out so you don't repost my stuff again, thanks.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Wiggins talking about Simpson

"then thought more vividly of Tom and how he must have felt that last day. It was like a reason not to give up"

1) The tour can be traumatic and he's telling people what he thinks they want to hear by gushing this garbage, he needs counselling. What has happened to this generation of Brits?
2) Tom Simpson was off his face on speed and ****ed, he probably had a blast and died with a smile on his face

Wow, Wiggins is a doper. He's on LSD, peyote, or some other hallucinogenic. This year's Tour had one real mountain stage, the one to La Grand Bornand, and that was not even a mountain top finish. He got killed on that one. Two of the expected and long proven contenders (Sastre and Menchov) did the Giro and were not in form, one (Evans) was either sick or depressed, and another (Leipheimer) crashed out. In addition, Wiggins got a large boost from an outrageous team time trial.

Unless the ASO once again designs the course for a has been who should be wearing Depends, Wiggins has not got a chance. He will benefit from a more usual number of ITT kilometers, but that won't make up for three or four true mountain top finish stages.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Wow, Wiggins is a doper. He's on LSD, peyote, or some other hallucinogenic. This year's Tour had one real mountain stage, the one to La Grand Bornand, and that was not even a mountain top finish. He got killed on that one. Two of the expected and long proven contenders (Sastre and Menchov) did the Giro and were not in form, one (Evans) was either sick or depressed, and another (Leipheimer) crashed out. In addition, Wiggins got a large boost from an outrageous team time trial.

Unless the ASO once again designs the course for a has been who should be wearing Depends, Wiggins has not got a chance. He will benefit from a more usual number of ITT kilometers, but that won't make up for three or four true mountain top finish stages.

Touche...couldn't have said it better myself!

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

This is his first year doing GC, his first year trying out a new weight, and he came fourth. There is still room for massive improvement. That cannot be said of these other riders who are already on the top of their game.

Seriously, watch out for Wiggins next year. He's going to blow up the tour.

TRENDING THREADS