• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ezequiel Mosquera Acquitted

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it's time that the UCI had their feet to the coals as per their AAF results and the resultant lack of sanctions.

An AAF should warrant some digging. Not feet dragging, as has been shown with this result and AC's.

I don't really want to have to beat this stinking carcass of a horse anymore, but how about a public outcry of getting the UCI out of the doping control game alltogether?

This is actually starting to get pathetic...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
I think it's time that the UCI had their feet to the coals as per their AAF results and the resultant lack of sanctions.

An AAF should warrant some digging. Not feet dragging, as has been shown with this result and AC's.

I don't really want to have to beat this stinking carcass of a horse anymore, but how about a public outcry of getting the UCI out of the doping control game alltogether?

This is actually starting to get pathetic...

Nah it got pathetic in July 1999. :(

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
The UCI never says "positive". They always say "adverse analytical finding" for the A Sample. That is their standard language.

Susan

Exactly. The spanish press are making up crap after crap in this case....

And it works. People believe it.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Speaking with BNDeStem.nl, Vacansoleil manager, Daan Luijkx, does not feel there's anything keep him from putting the runner-up finisher at the 2010 Vuelta into races.

He did not test positive for doping and unlike Alberto Contador, Mosquera is not suspended." Of course, Contador hasn't been suspended yet, but it looks improbably that he'll escape sanctioning, unlike the case of Mosquera, so Vacansoleil appears to be growing more confident in their Spanish signing.

Once they received ProTeam status, Mosquera was included in the official roster, and now it looks like Mosquera will begin racing soon

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7...ra-will-escape-sanctioning.aspx#ixzz1AO56VPao

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Exactly. The spanish press are making up crap after crap in this case....

And it works. People believe it.

Yes, this is usually us after reading Marca... El Mundo... or both.

Zombies.jpg

Please do not have kids...

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Speaking with BNDeStem.nl, Vacansoleil manager, Daan Luijkx, does not feel there's anything keep him from putting the runner-up finisher at the 2010 Vuelta into races.

He does now. In a press statement, he has made it clear that Mosquera will remain sidelined as long as the investigation has not reported, even after they did receive the green light from the UCI to field Mosquera in the meantime.

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/110218_mosquera_wachten

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Mosquera went outside the usual sporting arb system and won - but it is probably only a hollow victory

La Justicia anula la sanción de Mosquera

La Audiencia Nacional da la razón a Ezequiel Mosquera y anula su sanción de dos años por dopaje por el análisis que detectó hidroxietil almidón en su organismo en la Vuelta a España 2010 en la que acabó segundo.

La justicia ordinaria ha atendido el recurso del exprofesional gallego. En concreto, la Sección Sexta de la Sala de lo Contencioso-Administrativo de la Audiencia Nacional estima el recurso interpuesto por Mosquera contra la resolución del Comité Español de Disciplina deportiva (24 febrero 2012), "quedando anulada y sin efecto la mencionada resolución sancionadora”, según la sentencia a la que ha tenido acceso BiciCiclismo.

source

i always said that he tested positive only because alberto was getting to be acquited by the spanish federation. it was quite a tragedy that after all, even alberto got in fact banned.

one of the best climbing styles i've seen. animo eze! but yeah his career is definitely ruined and over. :(

Lol, the other thread was "not relevant"? OH YEVGENI.

Anyway, this is BS, and I hate that some people are talking about how the court established Mosquera's innocence. We haven't seen the court's reasoning, but it was likely some lame technicality that did it. They certainly didn't establish that Mosquera was clean.

python said:
the important issue about the mosquera's a-sample is the date that he learned of his positive - 30 october. per the uci/wada rules the b-sample is supposed to be analysed withing 7 working days. here we're a month later and it's not been open.

why ?

something is going on we are not told.

it's a different sort of delay than in contador's case b/c there both a- and b-samples were already processed.

for a reference - since it's never reported by the media - hes starches are used not only as a blood volume expander but also as:

(i) in blood storage (sedimentation agent assisting in separating red blood cells)
(ii) an additive for long-term (up to 10 y) blood freezing
(iii) a binding agent for the latest epo variants

here you got the full scoop hardly available anywhere else.

If the athlete requests to be (or have a representative) present that timing fpr testing goes out the window.

hrotha said:
Lol, the other thread was "not relevant"? OH YEVGENI.

Anyway, this is BS, and I hate that some people are talking about how the court established Mosquera's innocence. We haven't seen the court's reasoning, but it was likely some lame technicality that did it. They certainly didn't establish that Mosquera was clean.
Maybe there was no explanation other than he is 39 years old and won't come back to racing!

TRENDING THREADS