• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Förstemann

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Just curious if you make the same response in the "Froome is doping coz he's too stupid skinny and TTing like e beast" thread as well?

If you're looking for irrefutable proof, you've come to the wrong place, and should know that by now.

People who live in the real world and have an ability to think critically have been working stuff out without proof for a very long time.

It's a lot more difficult to believe that's natural than it is enhanced, given the sport and its history.

no need for the big hero chest beating post thanks. the situation here is nothing like froome at all.

this guy is good but there are plenty of sprinters better than him. my home velodrome has a few riders doing 200m times in the same realm as robert. i was simply asking if anyone had any information about questionable activity here, sounds like there is nothing going around apart from 'big legs'.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
barn yard said:
no need for the big hero chest beating post thanks. the situation here is nothing like froome at all.

this guy is good but there are plenty of sprinters better than him. my home velodrome has a few riders doing 200m times in the same realm as robert. i was simply asking if anyone had any information about questionable activity here, sounds like there is nothing going around apart from 'big legs'.

I'm responding to your chest thumping "2 year ban for big legs?" post. A strange question given noone is suggesting anything of the sort.

It almost looks like you're upset about it?

Interested to see the Euro sprint and team sprint champ medals your home velodrome sprinters won last year?

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I'm responding to your chest thumping "2 year ban for big legs?" post. A strange question given noone is suggesting anything of the sort.

It almost looks like you're upset about it?

Interested to see the Euro sprint and team sprint champ medals your home velodrome sprinters won last year?

my local track is the home of the australian national team track training program, so yeah, there are a few medals and special jerseys there. i can see a bunch of people you have probably never heard of doing 10 second 200m efforts almost any day of the week.

i am not upset about anything (apart from being ad hominem attacked by you for no reason), i clearly asked if anyone had any information about forstemann apart from 'big legs' indicating suspect performances, which i would still be very interested to see.

hopefully some other people can add to this tread with constructive discussion and information.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
barn yard said:
my local track is the home of the australian national team track training program, so yeah, there are a few medals and special jerseys there. i can see a bunch of people you have probably never heard of doing 10 second 200m efforts almost any day of the week.

i am not upset about anything (apart from being ad hominem attacked by you for no reason), i clearly asked if anyone had any information about forstemann apart from 'big legs' indicating suspect performances, which i would still be very interested to see.

hopefully some other people can add to this tread with constructive discussion and information.

After a few years of dealing with sarcasm of Sky bots I read your post as such - having a dig coz no proof was offered - just the ridiculous size of his legs. Given noone mentioned banning him, the question ("2 year ban for big legs") seems incredibly uninterested in seeking information or discussion, and has a decided sarcastic / derisory tone to it.

If they're on the national team, I probably have heard of them.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Curt Harnett had 28 inch thighs in 1994. My waist was 28 inches.

After 3 or 4 months of road training those thighs would look a lot more like Griepel's.

Track riders definitely can afford more massive muscles and spend 100 times more time in the weight room than road sprinters. Ie the weight associated with the mass is not a penalty so they can build their muscles without consideration for endurance and climbing.

Since this post is in the clinic I won't bother defending this guy as defending people against doping accusations in the clinic is a waste of effort.

Have fun proving he is a doper because this one should really be easy to prove by normal drug testing if scheduled correctly.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
oh i am sorry did i burst a fans bubble.............:rolleyes:

Not at all, you just revealed yourself to be a man with a chip on his shoulder over Sky/Team GB rather than an unbiased critic of doping in sport. I've already acknowledged my disbelief in sky/Team GB but saved it for the correct thread :p

TRENDING THREADS